1. today, after update...
    Code:
    Loading Oxide Core v2.0.3064...
    Loading extensions...
    Loaded extension CSharp v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.JavaScript (MissingMethodException: Method n
    ot found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.Lua (MissingMethodException: Method not foun
    d: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    Loaded extension MySql v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Python v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension SQLite v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Unity v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Rust v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Failed to load extension Oxide.Ext.RustIO (MissingMethodException: Method not fo
    und: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    Using Covalence provider for game 'Rust'
    Loading plugins...
    Loaded plugin Unity Core v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Loaded plugin Rust v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Failed to load plugin RustIO (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.C
    ore.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    Loaded plugin Auto Broadcast v0.2.0 by Taffy
    Loaded plugin Chat Handler v3.1.4 by #Domestos

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those extensions are not supported anymore. Do you actually have any Lua or JavaScript plugins?

3. AutoBroadcast.lua
    chathandler.lua
    chatmute.lua
    helptext.lua
    SupplySignalAlerts.lua
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487136658][/DOUBLEPOST]Failed to load extension Oxide.Ext.RustIO (MissingMethodException: Method not fo
    und: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)

Using Covalence provider for game 'Rust'
    Loading plugins...
    Loaded plugin Unity Core v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Loaded plugin Rust v2.0.3064 by Oxide Team
    Failed to load plugin RustIO (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.C
    ore.VersionNumber..ctor'.)

without Lua and JS, latest oxide, latest RustIO...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2017
  4. Everytime i start my server my console keeps getting these errors. I've googled around and found nothing about it.
    Code:
    [02/15/2017 19:59:22] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.JavaScript (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    [02/15/2017 19:59:22] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.Lua (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    [02/15/2017 19:59:22] Failed to load extension Oxide.Ext.RustIO (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    [02/15/2017 19:59:22] Failed to load plugin RustIO (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    [02/15/2017 19:59:22] EventManager plugin requires missing dependency: EMInterface

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All of those plugins have C# versions. Rust:IO would also need to be updated for the latest build.

6. After updating Oxide today, I can no longer boot from my server without getting the attached error. I've clean installed Rust, uninstalled and reinstalled Oxide and updated everything related to Oxide and plugins. I've blanked out the path due to some personal information.

This morning it booted fine, is anyone else having this issue? :)

Attached Files:

7. @Wulf I've updated to the lastest Rust.IO I just downloaded it from this site before making that thread. Everything is up to date. So way would i still be getting that error.

8. im also having this issue just downloaded the newest version installed and MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'

only error out of all my 15 plugins or extensions

9. EDIT: Turns out it was Catalyst the extension, I've now removed it and it boots fine! :)

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The extensions you are using would need to be updated for the Oxide build you are using.

11. i have updated all my plugins and i have updated my server but when i updated it the two files Oxide.Core.Javascript and Oxide.Core.Lua have gone missing and i cannot find them anywhere.
    I made sure to update my server twice and re-downloaded all of the latest versions of my plugins i don't know what is wrong.
    i would screenshot it but when i access the server cmd it wont let me scroll up

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do you have any .lua or .js plugins? If not, you can remove those extensions as they are no longer supported. We'd need to server your server logs to help you further though.

13. so the newest version of oxide/rust is not compatible with the plugins
    what would i need to do for them to work?
    --EDIT--
    i dont have any LUA or JS plugins

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then you can remove the Oxide.Core.JavaScript.dll and Oxide.Core.Lua.dll from your RustDedicated_Data/Managed. These are not plugins, they are extensions from Oxide that load .lua and .js plugins. These extensions are not bundled anymore with Oxide builds, which is why the copies you have are no longer working.

15. 1 more thing when it say "MissingFieldException: Field 'ProtoBuf.EntitySlots.slotUpperModification' not found."
    is that a plugin issue?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, that's your Rust server not being fully updated.

17. thank you for taking time to answer my questions have a nice day it is working now

18. I get two errors of the same kind when starting up the server. Updated to Oxide 3071.0.0 for 1164.02 just now:
    oxidejavaluaerror.PNG

Also, for me, your "main download" in the Release Changelog is 404. (I used the mirror)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
  19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Lua and JavaScript are outdated on your install, and are no longer bundled in our builds as of a few months ago. If you do not have .lua and .js plugins, you can remove them.

20. Can you help me somehow ? I have an two very important fo me plugins in lua, but they didn`t work for now ;( The developer of this plugins doesn`t support them anymore and hi doesn`t make any plugins for rust now. So i have much troubles. Maybe some where there is non-official oxide extension for lua support ?