1. new error incoming @Wulf 01:18 [Error] Error while compiling: compiler v0.0.0.0 disconnected

2. Gave it 777 permissions, still same errors. Erm... I dunno, really...

3. same here with giving the whole rust server map 777 permission
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503012671][/DOUBLEPOST]its wierd, Im getting this error in more details, but I do have 777 permission on it all

01:29 [Error] ApplicationName='LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1', CommandLine='/home/desktop/battlefield/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64', CurrentDirectory=''
    01:29 [Warning] User running server may not have access to all service files
    01:29 [Error] ApplicationName='LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1', CommandLine='/home/desktop/battlefield/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64', CurrentDirectory=''

4. Reinstalled the whole server

Code:
    Loading Oxide Core v2.0.3408...
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)Loading extensions...
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)Couldn't check for update to CSharpCompiler.x86_x64!
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)Cannot be negative.
    Parameter name: length
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)Loaded extension CSharp v2.0.3408 by Oxide Team

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The error happens from Oxide trying to fix your permissions.

That generally means that it's trying to download the compiler, but something is preventing it.

6. but how can that be when its running with 777, Ive been using the 777 pretty much since the start of the rust servers and it hasnt been an issue

7. doesnt load the plugins. says this error when loading

01:32 [Error] Couldn't check for update to CSharpCompiler.x86_x64!
    01:32 [Error] Cannot be negative.
    Parameter name: length

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you tried downloading it manually as linked previously?

9. I surrender.

Without compiler uploaded manually "parameter length...",
    with it it's "compiler disconnected", no plugins load, tested on two separate linux x64 servers

10. this is annoying me pretty much, since I have given it all the permission but still get some error that I never used to have :/ I dont know man
    I also tried reinstalling oxide and put it all in manually, still get the same error

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I can't produce that with the manually downloaded file.

The only thing that has changed is that the files we re-uploaded to the download site, otherwise they're the same and the setup of them is the same. Linux is a bit finicky with permissions and access restrictions though.

12. I am having this ISSUE with my server, how can I fix this?

13. Is there anything else then the 777 permission I can do then? since 777 gives it everything possible as I know right?

14. after download the csharp file sayys the error under linux server DEBIAN 8.9
    Code:
    02:00 [Error] ApplicationName='LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1', CommandLine='/home/rustserver/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64', CurrentDirectory=''
    02:00 [Warning] User running server may not have access to all service files
    02:00 [Error] ApplicationName='LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1', CommandLine='/home/rustserver/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64', CurrentDirectory=''
    02:00 [Error] Error while compiling: compiler v0.0.0.0 disconnected
    02:00 [Debug] Cleanup file: /home/rustserver/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.exe

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you trying to download the .exe or the x86_x64? For your Linux you need that x86_x64, the .exe is for Windows.

16. i downloaded both files

17. Its the same issue as mine and I downloaded the x86_x64, you must understand that its kind of wierd when everything were working fine before the patch with the permissions me/we have been running on and now it suddenly shouldnt be enough?

only difference is that Im running on ubuntu

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure that the user and group for CSharpCompiler.x86_x64 is the same as the user/group running the server.

19. are in the same group and user. before update was working OK . have the all permission

20. @Wulf thanks, but yeah you were right, it didnt fix the issue we all have :/ still the same error