1. Any smart way of detecting (probably with RayCast) if a player is inside a rock or shooting out of one? I think this needs to be addressed. Its been like a plague.

2. Violations help detect this.

3. I got news, its not working :)

4. /hided/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  5. Where do I need to paste that code?

6. /hided/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  7. This could be awesome.
    What does this do after detection? Does it notify me as admin? Or kickban?
    Are caves safe?

I would use this on my sever if it's secure and reliable...

8. I agree, i will make something with this code.

9. I'm going to test this before I wipe my sever tomorrow. If it does its job, I'll use it

10. but where to put it? or as what i need to save it?

11. just for completeness i want to provide my plugin i've made some time ago to handle that issue, similar approach but my eyes cleaner solution...
    - check for built & deploy
    - config to allow caves (keep in mind that rocks which overlay each other could also be considered as cave) (by default disabled)
    - config for max building height from ground (by default disabled)

Attached Files:

12. So with Allow caves = true is still a competent plugin when it comes to not allowing players to build inside rocks itself?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1458265041,1458246380][/DOUBLEPOST]Im grateful for all the contributions but i dont feel like we found the solution to rock glitching yet (glitching inside an actual rock)

Lets work together and solve this.

OnSpawn: check for rock hits all the way around and up.

On sleeping bag or cupboard place, check for rock hits all the way around and up.

I probably wouldnt waste much time on this since its a global problem, and it will probably be patched next update (devblog 102.5 FM) but it would still be cool to see what the oxide community can come up with.

Cheers

13. glitching into you can't really avoid but building or deploying isn't possible for me inside a rock with the provided plugin

14. does RayCast work if your inside a rock casting out? or only the opposite?

15. It does kill the entity after detection.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1458267796][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You need save it as NoBuildHack.cs

16. What just happened.

17. Can this be edited. So I can ban the player building inside rocks? Instead of destroying the entity?
    I understand this will stop players building inside rocks on servers this mod is installed on.. But it doesn't let any other server owners know.
    I personally ban these players. and share the ban public. So everyone knows what they have done

18. I really don't see why you would want to ban players for something that is blocked in the first place.
    Bans exist to stop people from doing things you can't stop them from in any other way.
    People might come to your server from other servers where building inside of rocks is allowed and they'd get banned, instead of just realizing that their glitch doesn't work.

19. I notify players that being inside rocks is an instant ban on my server. Why wouldn't I ban them? They want an unfair advantage on other players. They want to shoot from inside a rock and build where they can never be raided.

A cheat is a cheat.

20. You dont even know how well this works, and your prompt to ban. I would hate to play on your server. Here, im attaching a revised plugin that tells you in rcon when a player is trying to place something inside a rock.

Use you best judgement.

Attached Files: