1. im not sure whats the issue, xD I just updated again.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510981135][/DOUBLEPOST]same error :
    Code:
    (22:58:04) | [BUNDLE] Not found: assets/content/nature/treesprefabs/trees/effects/tree_marking.prefab
    (22:58:05) | Couldn't find prefab "assets/content/nature/treesprefabs/trees/effects/tree_marking.prefab"
    (22:58:05) | NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

2. Spoke to soon server is crashing ffs.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you're using an old Rust version and plopping a newer Oxide build (with patched Rust DLLs) on top of it.

4. Gonna call you on this. You keep saying that as a response but me, personally, and many others, are using the latest downloads from steamcmd and oxide AS provided. Unless you're talking about updates that have been released that we aren't aware of, this is a frustrating issue and not related to "using older versions" I understand that may be the case in some regards but we are looking for a real fix to why a simple, new, prefab is causing so much havoc when simply trying to harvest trees.

Any REAL answers as to the core and cause would be appreciated. Even new folks logging in from other servers know not to touch the trees "just in case"

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

A prefab missing is pretty much a direct indication that mixed versions are being used, otherwise it'd actually be those prefab bundles being outdated. Using an older Rust version and then installing a build of Oxide that is intended for a newer version would basically cause the newer version to expect files to be there that aren't. So take it as you'd like, but that's a REAL answer and the only answer I have for you.

6. Wrong footing, my bad, lemme restart my concern. Just trying to find out what you mean specific by older versions.

This is my pastebin Protocol: 2036.153.1 Build Date: 11/09/2017 12:46:23 Unity Version: 2017.1.2f1 - Pastebin.com

I notice it shows rust build date is 11/09/2017, if that is an outdated rust, where would I find the newest? Am I wrong in thinking when I do Force Update 28850 and it says "All good, updated" that I am on an older version? Ive done validation of client install, ive reupdated currently as of today.

If I am missing something simple and ridiculous , please, let me know what it is :) Just trying to keep my community stable.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you're overwriting one version of Rust with the DLLs that are included with Oxide, then it will show as newer but may not actually be a complete Rust install as it gets the version from that Rust DLL that you installed via Oxide. Update the server with Steam, start it, check the version, and make sure it is actually the latest Rust version; THEN install Oxide and confirm that the version still matches.

8. Thats what i was saying to do, and after that my server started to crash but it fixed the tree problem i guess lol.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510983006][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Seems strange i have 2 server with 2 different hosts both have same plugins/mods 1 works fine other had issues and now crashes.

9. That actually makes sense. Thank you much. I'll be trying that and update here the results.

10. ok, this is what I did. I reinstalled just the base Rust dedicated server into a new folder. Then I dragged over oxide and server into the new folder. Then dragged the new version of oxide and dragged that in. Ran it and it worked just fine.

11. Yup, I just finished doing the same. Ran a fresh steamcmd install, than ran it, tested it, then a fresh oxide, ran it tested it, then all plugins back in. Worked fine at each stage. Not sure how but I was somehow layering install versions.

It could have been my noobness and bad folder structure to begin with which I have since cleaned up.

I can at least verify it is NOT a plugin issue or an oxide issue if anyone else is having problems.

Thanks to Wulf for your input.