1. when i hit a tree it says "RPC ERROR IN PLAYER ATTACK"
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510868354][/DOUBLEPOST]and i get this error in console -
    (15:36:04) | [BUNDLE] Not found: assets/content/nature/treesprefabs/trees/effects/tree_marking.prefab

(15:36:05) | Couldn't find prefab "assets/content/nature/treesprefabs/trees/effects/tree_marking.prefab"

2. Getting same issue, same error

3. yep, its kicking everyone

4. Same on my server, guess we wait for a fix?

5. any fix for that out now?

6. i have 2 servers running 1 works other gets errors
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510916312][/DOUBLEPOST]may be a plugin issue

7. i removed all plugins to test it. still have the problem. with and without plugins
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510918133][/DOUBLEPOST]solved: I forgot to update the rustserver normally. Didnt see that there is a new small update.

8. I updated my server and it still does it

9. I have just update as of 5 minutes ago 2 pm Pacific Time 11/17.2017. Same bug, Same error. Only happens if you try and harvest a tree. Logs on the ground, branches, collectible stumps all work fine. Ive tried disabling various gathering and loot plugins, forced update on client, no change.

It seems definitely related to that new tree mini game and maybe possibly that tree_marking-prefab isnt in the oxide files, or in an image library somewhere? Been trying to find any answer but even on the Official bug reporting it's kind of hit or miss if its being addressed.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All prefabs are from Rust. In this case, the latest Rust updated added falling trees and a tree mini game. When you see "couldn't find prefab" and such, it is often from using mixed Rust versions together (ie. not fully updated) or there just being an issue with the update.

The RPC error is most likely a separate issue.

11. Alright, thanks for the response. Ill need to run a separate server real quick then so I can start it from vanilla and work my way up to see what may be causing it. Frustrating issue, to be fair :)

12. let me know if you ever found a fix, thanks. :p

13. Anyone still having this issue?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510976910][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I got mine working now.
    So if your running a modded server be sure to do the steam update and then the oxide update.
    That worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
  14. Ive done that twice now, even had the better Navmesh loading without errors but this darned mini game is breaking my ballies!

15. hmm yah still does not work for me.

16. Are you getting any other errors in console when loading?

17. no, just when u hit a tree it says the prefab is missing.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you update Rust recently? Or did you just install Oxide?

19. I will reupdate in 15 minutes, as I need to let my players know.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510980969][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I reupdated the server and then reupdated oxide, same errors

20. So i updated it all and then server decided to start crashing. I then did the steam server update again and let the server run, then did the oxide server update and now its fine again.