1. Hello!
    And once again I'm here with my problem....
    I can't compile oxide itself.
    First of all - Rust doesn't have dependencies. At all. There is no folder that would've contain rust dlls. AT least I'm unable to find them.
    Secondly - I'm getting this messages after opening solution:
    upload_2017-10-20_14-18-14.png
    Error file attached.

Secondly, after the solution is open I'm getting 76 warnings, like this:
    Code:
    MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Oxide.References". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    And, as I said above, the rust refrences doesn't exists.... 1.png

Dependences in core looks like this:
    2.png

@Wulf can you help me? Please =3
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508499339][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I can't add refrence from my server - it says that the reference is invalide or unsupported....

Attached Files:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide.References is a project that is compiled and merged before the other projects are built; so if it isn't building, the others will not either. Check your output log for errors with building. As far as the image goes, I'm not sure what that is, haven't seen it before.

3. I can't build anything. No errors or such, just one I've post above at the solution start. And what about rust dependences?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rust dependencies are downloaded from Steam using the script provided in the repository which is ran by the csproj.

5. But this isn't happening for me(
    I got it - vs just skips the reference project. no idea why:
    Code:
    1>------ Skipped Build: Project: References ------
    1>
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 1 skipped ==========

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pretty sure VS skips projects that fail too often. Did you see any errors in your log as to why it wasn't being built?

7. None. Not a single one. Give me a moment Only warnings like I post above. Gonna try to re-download the latest source again

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you just trying to download it for plugins? If so, you can use NuGet to get the references you need.

9. Kinda. I just wanna see how some function works, and what they do. I know most, but they are being changed some times.... Also - i prefer to have the source for everything I'm doing =)
    Especcialy then I'm working under the project.
    Surly - I can just create my own solution and just import the required dlls from the server, but hell - who even looking for a such easy way =D
    The main idea that I wanna be able to compile the oxide itself.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508514485][/DOUBLEPOST]Once again - straight after the downloading - upload_2017-10-20_18-48-1.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508514558][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Code:
    Recoverable
    System.ArgumentException: 'dimensionValuesMap' must contain at least one element.
    Parameter name: dimensionValuesMap
       at Microsoft.Requires.NotNullOrEmpty(IEnumerable values, String parameterName)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.ProjectConfigurationsServiceBase.CreateConfigurations(ImmutableArray`1 orderedDimensionNames, ImmutableDictionary`2 dimensionValuesMap)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.DeclaredDimensionsProjectConfigurationsService.<CalculateKnownProjectConfigurationsAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508514606][/DOUBLEPOST]And again - it skips the References project
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508514676][/DOUBLEPOST]It skips everything....
    Code:
    1>------ Skipped Build: Project: References ------
    1>
    2>------ Skipped Build: Project: Core ------
    2>
    3>------ Skipped Build: Project: CSharp ------
    3>
    4>------ Skipped Build: Project: SQLite ------
    4>
    5>------ Skipped Build: Project: Lua ------
    5>
    6>------ Skipped Build: Project: MySql ------
    6>
    7>------ Skipped Build: Project: Unity (Extensions\Unity) ------
    7>
    8>------ Skipped Build: Project: JavaScript ------
    8>
    9>------ Skipped Build: Project: Python ------
    9>
    10>------ Skipped Build: Project: Blackwake ------
    10>
    11>------ Skipped Build: Project: Hurtworld ------
    11>
    12>------ Skipped Build: Project: MedievalEngineers ------
    12>
    13>------ Skipped Build: Project: ReignOfKings ------
    13>
    14>------ Skipped Build: Project: Rust ------
    14>
    15>------ Skipped Build: Project: SavageLands ------
    15>
    16>------ Skipped Build: Project: SpaceEngineers ------
    16>
    17>------ Skipped Build: Project: TheForest ------
    17>
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 17 skipped ==========

10. I get the same problem. I checked on the Visual Studio developer community and others have also encountered this problem.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you guys on the preview branch or release? I always run in their preview branch as it has fixes for a few things.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I meant the Visual Studio branch.

13. I'm using the release.

14. VS? No idea, really.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

16. I'm installing the preview and I try after.

17. Updating to 15.4.27004.2005 now.

18. This is the release.

19. SO what? I should fully reinstall VS now?) I don't have much free space on the system drive, so installing both can be hard for me. @Frenk92 - report here then you'll try with preview. If it'll work for you - gonna do the same.