1. My Problem:
    When i try to inherit the class "RustPlugin" and add the Attribute [Info()] i get a error 3 errors all saying the same thing.

//Code
    Gyazo - 5e38c6791194bf5e7d427bbaa4c766c8.png

//Errors
    Gyazo - bd2092680e1dc8c19b3934323e401225.png

//Assemblies
    Gyazo - 6e046a8b6faa846688f24e8ec9ba2ed6.png

I saw a similar thread with the same issue i'm having but he didn't post the errors being thrown so i don't know if our situations are identical.

//Similar Thread
    Solved - C#: What to put for using? | Oxide

After posting this i saw yet another similar thread with almost the exact same problem i'm having. But i never saw a actual fix to the problem.
    Also yes i have referenced "Oxide.Core.CSharp;"

//Similar Thread
    Solved - The type 'Attribute' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced | Oxide

I feel like im making a simple mistake but i cant figure it out for the life of me.

Things ive tried:
    • Restarting visual studio.
    • Changing to .NetCore
    • Getting the nugget package "package.mscorlib"
    • but every time i tried to get it it fails. This happens with other nugget packages too.

Extra Info:
    • The project is a .net Standard Class library
    • I got the assemblies from the "Manged" file in Oxide for Rust | Oxide
    • and i got the UnityEngine.dll from my unity files on my pc.

I appreciate all helpful feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2017
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to reference Oxide.Core.CSharp.dll for the Info attribute and Oxide.Game.Rust.dll for the RustPlugin class. If the references still do not work, there's an issue with your IDE setup or the DLLs you are referencing are corrupt.

3. Yea i referenced all of them. Where could i get DLLs not corrupt if that's the case?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Any of the Oxide builds would include valid DLLs, but that is unlikely the issue in your case. Is your project setup as .NET 3.5?

5. No its not in 3.5 but i don't seem to have .NETStandard 3.5 and i cant seem to download it.

Gyazo - 138c6bd53e3453337866f035d8d79b6c.png

This is what you are talking about right?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your project needs to target .NET 3.5 to properly reference the DLLs, and you should have .NET Framework 3.5 installed.

7. I figured out the problem. My project was .NETStandard and not .NETFramework, that's why i couldn't target .net Framework in .NETStandard.
    I knew it was stupid mistake.

Thanks for all the help and quick responses. Sorry for being stupid lol.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem, glad you got it worked out.