Oxide 2 is a complete rewrite of the popular, original Oxide mod for the game Rust. Oxide 2 has a focus on modularity and extensibility. The core is highly abstracted and loosely coupled, and could be used to mod any game that uses .NET.
- The latest .zip downloaded from this page
- A compatible, unmodded, pre-setup Rust server
So, what's new?
- Any flavor of Linux, take your pick
- Windows 64-bit Desktop (Vista/7/8.1/10)
- Windows 64-bit Server (2008/2012)
- Wine for Linux (1.7.30+)
Are there any example plugins?
- Modular extension system - functionality is added to the core via extensions written in C#. Extensions add functionality such as libraries that script languages can use, or even the scripting languages themselves.
- New plugin language - plugins can now be written in C#/CSharp! While C# will be the fastest as it's essentially native code, you're free to write in your language of choice!
- Plugin hot-reloading - in addition to the oxide.reload/unload/load commands, plugins are automatically loaded/unloaded when added/removed from the plugins directory, and are reloaded when a change has been made.
- Improved core - no Lua scripts come with Oxide 2 at all, everything is implemented in C#. Cleaner and faster. Extensions can add libraries which can be loaded by any scripting language.
- New patcher - the patcher is now open-source, and comes with a GUI so it will be easy to add new hooks and edit existing ones. The IL injector is more advanced so it's possible to create more complex and useful hooks. The patcher works on any .NET game, so it's possible to patch Oxide into other Unity games too!
Plenty! Take a look at the Plugins section for examples of pretty much everything.
What hooks are currently available?
See Oxide API for Rust
More hooks will be added as we're able and time allows.
Source: OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub
Oxide for Rust
Oxide server mod framework and API for Rust
Total Downloads: 20,769 - First Release: Jan 22, 2016 - Last Update: May 9, 2016