BetterLoot

A complete re-implementation of the drop system

Total Downloads: 42,609 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. Where can i change the loot of the Tank crates & the crates on the roof of the launch site.

2. How do i add rockets to betterloot.

3. tank crates are not supportet by this plugin, u need change something in the BetterLoot.cs plugin self if u know how for a seperate loottable for tank crates or u add to config/BetterLoot.json
    Code:
    "crateTypes": "crate_normal|crate_tools|crate_elite|bradley_crate",
    this methode i dont use but u can try it, or here is a other plugin to control bradley loot BradleyControl for Rust | Oxide

for the launchsite elite crates u need add this too
    Code:
    "crateTypes": "crate_normal|crate_tools|crate_elite",

u need change and add this items to your loottable in /data/BetterLoot/LootTable.json

4. I was wondering what about adding Blue Prints is that able to be done with this plugin also. I am currently running this but wanted to ask i see people talking about it a bit back would that be a whole other NamesList for just blue prints?

Just wondering. Like your plugin man hell of a job.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1514472647][/DOUBLEPOST]Also wanted to know if anyone has a good loot table they are willing to share that is good for a PVE server. Not sure if everyone likes to share. just seems no matter what I do most my loot is food. Kind of wanted to get some ideas what other people have done

5. Not a easy way to do this i think.

Not sure how to edit those cs files, json files understand i better.

Thanks anyway for you help.

6. CVC

CVC

Hi guys,
    It seems I can find a common loot inside the barrels like metalblade, metalpipe, etc in nameslist.json or its just me ?
    Actually I wanna copy that items to loottable.json and remove unwanted items.
    Any clue ?

7. CVC

CVC

Can anyone tell me about this. I found in oxide log..
    Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'BetterLoot v2.13.1' (JsonReaderException: Invalid JavaScript property identifier character: ". Path '', line 2, position 17.)
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseUnquotedProperty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAndAssert () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

8. What does the number mean here "propanetank": 5,

I guess it is the changes in % and 100% is the highest.

Is that right.

Sorry for the dump question.

9. Depends on the plugin you are using. It would most likely mean the amount that is dropped when a barrel is broken.

10. I am using betterloot.

Maybe i should ask the question in that forum, but thanks anyway.

11. What does the number mean here "propanetank": 5,

I guess it is the changes in % and 100% is the highest.

Is that right.

Sorry for the dump question.

12. no i think it means u will get it x5
    So if u get it in a barrel it will be 5x what ever your settings are on the server.
    So if u are vanilla it will be 5 Propane tanks.

13. Just got 3 in a big box not 5.

Maybe its between 1 and 5 you will get.

14. Is there anyway to edit the rarity between barrels and crates? Currently, I can only find to change rarity of items in both of them as a whole.

Also, can I edit the potential drops of specific crates? Or can I only change the potential drops of all crates?

15. It's a chance. So basically 5 means you have a random chance of getting up to 5 propane tanks. You might get 1, you might get 5.

There's quite a few flaws with Betterloot the more you look into it.

We had to disable it from our barrels and rates and just use it for heli/supply/bradley.

People were finding food in mil boxes at the top of the launch site for example

It would also be much better if it populated the loot table data file with everything and let you blacklist things or remove them from that file. Instead of populating it with a very limited list of items (including crap you cant use like sticks) and making you have to endlessly add items to it.

16. Hello,

I've recently created my own Rust server. It's 3x server So I also want the loot to be better. Just implanting the plugin doesn't change anything. Crates only have apple and seed in them. How can I change this? or does anyone have a good config that I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Damian

17. Hy, thanks for Better Loot! Great Plugin and works like a charm.

one question:
    is it possible that all barrels drop every time scraps?

or is this option only in Alphaloot?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2018
  18. Good morning! Or whatever time it is for you...

I had a couple questions..

1. Is there a way to stop scrap from spawning under crates and barrels and into them?
    2. Is there a way to differentiate between generic crates, food crates, medical crates, and military crates?

Sorry if this has already been answered but I have looked for a while and I can't find anything.. :/

Thanks in advance!

19. I had the same problems. google "AlphaLoot" Rust plugin. i use it and it is awesome!

20. hey guys for some reason i have removed items like sticks ect candy canes,bleach,duct tape from the item list and for some reason they still are in barrels also i have tried to increase how much scrap is going into barrels ect but for some reason im still only getting 1 or 2 scrap so i added it to crates and same thing

Attached Files: