1. oki.

Now a question... and I think it will not be so easy to guide us... thanks in advance.

On Linux ( Ubuntu ), can someone guide me with steps to know how to do to allow automatci restart of our 2 rust servers which are the dedicated server ?

I got information from different sources ( I copy past everything ) but I don t really know what/how to do ( steps to follow ).

Here is something :

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    clear
    while :
    do
        echo "Starting server...\n"
        exec ./RustDedicated -batchmode -nographics \
        -server.ip X.X.X.X \
        -server.port 28025 \
        -rcon.ip X.X.X.X.X\
        -rcon.port 28026 \
        -rcon.password "XXXXXXXXX" \
        -server.maxplayers 150 \
        -server.hostname "[EU] DEFCON X4 |NEW DEDI| Wipe 12/05" \
        -server.identity "rust-server" \
        -server.level "Procedural Map" \
        -server.seed 2017014 \
        -server.worldsize 3500 \
        -server.saveinterval 1800 \
        -server.globalchat true \
        -server.description "XXXXXXXXXX" \
        -server.headerimage "http://www.eudefcon.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Defcon_x4_Headerimage.png" \
        -server.url "http://www.eudefcon.eu/index.php/en/homepage/"
        echo "\nRestarting server...\n"
    done
    The server is starting, but then stopped with easy eanticheat is shutting down.

2. I'm not too familiar with bash scripts.

That's the one bundled with Oxide right? Therefore it should theoretically work. Make sure you chmod'd the startup script and whatnot.

3. Yes that is the one in the bundle from oxide.

chmod +x ( chmod is correct ), server is launching. But when it arrives to easy anticheat , it stops.

Here are the last code lines we can see :

Code:
    (15:08:44) | Unloaded plugin SharedDoors v0.7.6 by dbteku
    (15:08:44) | Unloaded plugin Stack Size Controller v1.9.4 by Canopy Sheep
    (15:08:44) | Unloaded plugin Timed Execute v0.7.1 by PaiN
    (15:08:44) | Unloaded plugin Vanish v0.3.7 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (15:08:44) | EasyAntiCheat Shutting Down

4. Context? Screenshots/logs?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1494508902][/DOUBLEPOST]Does it get stuck on that?

5. Yes indeed... It get stuck on that.

Every time it starts, it stops with that easyanticheat.

I can try to give you as much information as you need but I am not the one who is dealing with the linux dedicated server.

We read different posts :

Solved - Linux/Wine auto restart/updating? | Oxide
    Solved - Rust server on Linux natively? | Oxide
    Setting up a Linux server with LGSM | Oxide

and we know we have to suceed otherwise we cannot schedule auto restart of our server with timedevent plugin.

I think I will need help on this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2017
  6. I will have to give some more info then as I spoke with Wulf and he told me it could be a port conflict or something like that.

On the dedicated server we bought : Game 1 by So you Start we installed 2 rust servers.

Both are working we can make them go online, we can play on them, add plugins everything is fine.

But we want to schedule 2 auto restart each day and that is where we have problems ( since this morning we try to find a solution ).

1st thing we need is to find a way to start our servers with a .sh script to be able, afterwards, to make an auto restart using the timedexecute plugin.

Here is where we are. Thx for help guys !

here is another post I created to explain the problem :
    Linux Ubuntu Putty Rust Dedicated Server Autorestart script · GameServerManagers/LinuxGSM Wiki · GitHub

7. Hello Hello ;-).

I will make you a summary of the situation.

- We reinstalled one server yesterday : We followed the LGSM procedure. Rust server has been installed correctly. The command : chmod +x rustserver was oki as well. Server was started, and it came online. So at that point no problem at all. There was no oxyde and no plugin.

Afterwards, in order to be able to use the pluging timedexecute for autorerstart server, we started the installatin of oxide ( to get the .sh starting procedure allowing us to do it) ( Because with rustserver system everything is fine we can play on the server but the server is not restarting by itself ( with the timedexecute plugin - it only stops and we need to start the server manually).

So after the installation of Oxide, we introduced the data to start the server with the .sh procedure and here is what we got :
    - https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/661220image001.png
    - https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/312677image002.png

We were told afterwards ( by a guy having a dedicated server with Linux too at So you Start ) to test our kernal version ( as we also have a dedicated server from So You Start : OVH )

Just to be complete the IPs ( as Wulf said to me it could be a possible source of problem ) and ports we use for our 2 servers are different : ( both servers are on the same machine )
    1st one is 164.132.202.47:28015
    2nd one ( the one we make tests on for the .sh starting procedure ) is : 164.132.202.47:38015 ( rcon port has been changed too ) ( we also did the procedure with another ip port and rcon port )

- We did uname -r : result = 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64
    - We did uname -a : result = Linux ns3042846.ip-164-132-202.eu 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64 #9 SMP Thu Oct 20 14:53:52 CEST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

We were then told to try a procedure ( to update the kernal ) :

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
    apt-get install linux-image-extra-virtual -y
    mv /etc/grub.d/06_OVHkernel /etc/grub.d/25_OVHkernel
    update-grub

And then to reboot

We had no mistake, reboot was done, no problem.

We then started again the test on the server starting procedure with .sh

Here are the results :
    - https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/330700003.png
    - https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/156415004.png

So as you see, despite our tests yesterday, the .sh procedure does not allow us to start the server with the .sh procedure.

If we don t succeed in making this procedure work 100% then we will not be able to used that script linked to the TimedExecute plugin in order to make our servers to restart automatically twice a day.

I hope it was complete to let you help us ;-) If you have any idea. Thank you.

8. Good morning everyone.

I come back to give you some news on the last post I wrote.

First of all let me say we found a solution ( it could help someone one day having same issue ;-) )

We followed the point number 11 on this topic :
    Setting up a Linux server with LGSM | Oxide

Code:
    11) Setup automated tasks (reboot, update...)
    You will need to use Linux Cronjobs. For more information, see Cronjobs
    https://github.com/GameServerManagers/LinuxGSM/wiki/CronjobsBasically, I advise you to setup root cronjobs. The syntax for root cronjobs is (replace things between <> by the actual value)* * * * * su - <username> -c '/home/<username>/rustserver <command>' > /dev/null 2>&1
    Example for a restart every day at 5: Login to Root (su command), then do:crontab -e
    0 5 * * * su - rust -c '/home/rust/rustserver restart' > /dev/null 2>&1# save and exit (ctrl +x, y, enter if using nano)
    You can run a monitor cronjob every few minutes to make sure your server is up and runing.*/3 * * * * su - rust -c '/home/rust/rustserver monitor' > /dev/null 2>&1
    I would like to thank RustyForest from the GameServerManager Linux Discord, UltimateByte for the precious help.
    Big thank you as well to you Slut and you Wulf. Thank you as well to LeDieu, Maxaki and Amazingales225

This post can be considered as solved.

9. Here are some of my contab examples.

30 2 * * 7 su - rustserver -c '/home/rustserver/rustserver uf' > /dev/null 2>&1
    0 */2 * * * su - rustserver -c '/home/rustserver/rustserver u' > /dev/null 2>&1
    */30 * * * * su - rustserver -c '/home/rustserver/rustserver m' > /dev/null 2>&1