1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

LGSM uses the dl.bintray.com link, so if you want to use it you'd want to update it. Someone at LGSM should be updating it if they haven't already.

2. According to wolf they will no longer use Bintray. You'll need to modify the file as provided above otherwise you'll have to update oxide manually. You don't have to modify them manually as I'm sure LGSM will be updated. Not knowing when my temp fix will be sufficient until then.

I've already let them know of the change

3. Ok I change it, I hope this script works for new updates will be come

Thanks you

Thanks you too for your fix, but I don't save previous files my bad x)

4. Added to LGSM thanks to iDeath.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did karsiss not update it?

6. I am having a Difficult time, I use Streamline for my server host, i usually just click "Patch Oxide & Steam" I cannot find where to change the update link...? somewhat new to running a server... sorry

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to contact your host most likely.

8. can u share u script?)

9. Creating a script is fairly easy, which OS are you running the server on?

EDIT:
    Not sure if you're inquiring to assist or just curious in general, either way, I don't see them changing back to Bintray anytime soon so the script should be okay for some time on.

10. I am using fragnet and very confused as to which file I am supposed to edit. Any help?

11. Heyo!
    I have a problem, maybe someone here would be able to help me?
    I'm running on windows and using bitsadmin to download oxide. It use to work just fine with the revious location, but now, for some reason I'm getting HTTP 403 error..
    Here is the script:

Code:
    start /W .\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\servers\source\Rust\server +app_update 258550 validate +quit
    start /W bitsadmin  /transfer mydownloadjob  /download  /priority normal https://github.com/OxideMod/Oxide/releases/download/latest/Oxide-Rust.zip D:\servers\source\Rust\server\Oxide-Rust.zip
    cd rust/server
    7z x D:\servers\source\Rust\server\Oxide-Rust.zip -aoa
    del _start-example.bat
    del _start-example.sh
    Here is the response I get from the bitsadmin:
    upload_2017-9-29_13-54-6.png
    Any help would be appriciated!

Ok, I've found a workaround. Using VBS Script.
    Here is the script itself:

Code:
    ' Set your settings
        strFileURL = "https://www.github.com/OxideMod/Oxide/releases/download/latest/Oxide-Rust.zip"
        strHDLocation = "D:\servers\source\Rust\server\Oxide-Rust.zip"' Fetch the file
        Set objXMLHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0")    objXMLHTTP.open "GET", strFileURL, false
        objXMLHTTP.send()If objXMLHTTP.Status = 200 Then
    Set objADOStream = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
    objADOStream.Open
    objADOStream.Type = 1 'adTypeBinaryobjADOStream.Write objXMLHTTP.ResponseBody
    objADOStream.Position = 0    'Set the stream position to the startSet objFSO = Createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    If objFSO.Fileexists(strHDLocation) Then objFSO.DeleteFile strHDLocation
    Set objFSO = NothingobjADOStream.SaveToFile strHDLocation
    objADOStream.Close
    Set objADOStream = Nothing
    End ifSet objXMLHTTP = Nothing
    And the rustupdate.bat:

Code:
    start /W .\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\servers\source\Rust\server +app_update 258550 validate +quit
    REM start /W bitsadmin /transfer mydownloadjob /download /priority normal https://github.com/OxideMod/Oxide/releases/download/latest/Oxide-Rust.zip D:\servers\source\Rust\server\Oxide-Rust.zip
    cd rust/server
    del Oxide-Rust.zip
    cscript.exe download.vbs
    7z x D:\servers\source\Rust\server\Oxide-Rust.zip -aoa
    del _start-example.bat
    del _start-example.sh

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2017
  12. Any chance you would share how to make an auto update script for oxide? Or point me to a direction where I could learn? Seems like that would be so much easier than my current process. TIA <3

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are some under the Rust Tools section.

14. thanks again

15. [ FAIL ] Starting rustserver: Permissions issues found
    Information! The following files are not executable:
    File
    /home/rust/lgsm/functions/mods_list.sh

.. maybe i am too stupid !?

EDIT:
    No i'm not .. set permission and everything is fine :p

16. You must have uploaded using a program which defaults file ownership to root. Either way, LGSM has been updated so simply run the following command to update to the latest version of LGSM :)
    Code:
    ./rustserver update-lgsm

17. are we back to normal link tonight ? or is it still github

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

GitHub is the primary right now unless otherwise specified or announced.