1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload (not paste) your users.cfg here please?

2. Its posible to have more than 1 OwnerID in the same server?

3. Yes as many as you want

4. i added myself as owner and on my server and i still have no access to commands and it does not show up in chat either my names even on the user.cfg

5. Do these steps in rcon
    • 1.) ownerid steamid64 "player name" "Owner"
    • 2.) server.writecfg
    • 3.) relog if in game

6. Hey Wulf i am having problem with my server i added betterchat to see if i am owner when i do ownerid in console and then my id it says it added me then i did server.writecfg ok then i went into the game then i typed something it says player i tried to give my self or spawn something from itemlist nothing works my server is new i started yesterday!!

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The steps are provided in this thread. If you can't use the F1 item list, you are either not admin or you have a plugin that is limiting it and requires permissions to be set.

8. I cant connect my rusty to the server any ideas what it can be?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Port not being open, wrong IP, wrong password; could be anything without knowing what you are seeing.

10. i have wrote in the Server/rcon ip the query/server ip and the rcon ip correctly and the rcon password but it still wont connect for me

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, but is the server behind a router? Have you port forwarded it? Which port do you have set?

12. i am using a website to host the server
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483889810][/DOUBLEPOST]
    those i need to instert the server IP or my ip?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are connecting a remote server, you'd need to use the IP of that server.

14. Hello,
    I'm having difficulty setting admin access to my Rust server, I have read your posts on the forums and on other websites and have spent hours without any success.
    I have restarted, logged out, logged in etc and am still unable to access any admin functions such as the item box on the F1 Console.

I have a hosted server and have the below pasted in to the Server Configuration File through the server host:-

-batchmode +server.ip ***.***.**.** +server.port 28016 +server.level "Procedural Map" +server.seed 2189608 +server.maxplayers 100 +server.hostname "Crisis | All Welcome | London UK" ownerid 76561198351631916 "crisis.sam" "no " +server.identity "*******" +rcon.ip ***.***.**.** +rcon.port 28018 +rcon.password ******* +query_port 28017 +server.description "London UK" +server.worldsize <2000)> server.saveinterval "60"server.secure "1"crafting.timescale "0.1" +airdrop.min_players "1" +server.pvp truesleepers.on truetruth.enforce trueserver.clienttimeout "2"env.daylength "45" env.nightlength "10" falldamage.enabled true -nologs -load

Please could you assist and let me know where I am going wrong?

Thanks very much in advance.

15. Remove "ownerid 76561198351631916" from your config and add it to your users.cfg

Code:
    ownerid 76561198351631916 "Name" "Reason"

16. Sorry to sound like an idiot but I can't find my users.cfg file through FTP.
    The config I pasted was what I entered on my hosts 'server config' panel in the browser.

Do I need to remove any other config commands that would conflict?

17. my_server_identity/cfg/users.cfg

If it's not there, you can always create it. You can also do this with your config for easy access, instead of editing your startup line.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484445146][/DOUBLEPOST]You can put these in your config (my_server_identity/cfg/server.cfg). It would make for a cleaner and easier way to edit everything in case you want to change something down the road
    Code:
    server.seed "2189608"
    server.maxplayers "100"
    server.hostname "Crisis | All Welcome | London UK"
    server.description "London UK"
    server.worldsize "2000"
    server.saveinterval "60"
    server.secure "1"
    crafting.timescale "0.1"
    airdrop.min_players "1"
    server.pvp "true"
    sleepers.on "true"
    truth.enforce "true"
    server.clienttimeout "2"
    env.daylength "45"
    env.nightlength "10"
    falldamage.enabled "true"
    And this in your startup line
    Code:
    -batchmode +server.ip ***.***.**.** +server.port 28016 +server.level "Procedural Map" +server.identity "*******" +rcon.ip ***.***.**.** +rcon.port 28018 +rcon.password ******* +query_port 28017 -nologs -load

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2017
  18. Remove -load and +query_port 28017 from bat file no longer used

19. Nothing works for me, i have a couple of plugins installed - 1 of them is the /SIL thing (able to paste pictures on signs). But everytime i try use it, it says "You dont have the permission to use this command!". I really need help. I cant find anything to fix this.

20. Code:
    grant group yourgrouphere signartist.*
    grant user yourusernamehere signartist.*
    Some plugins require permission granted even if you already have auth level.