Vanish

Allows players with permission to become truly invisible

Total Downloads: 22,629 - First Release: Nov 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 9, 2018

5/5, 75 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Some things changed in Rust, so hook changes will be needed in Oxide to accommodate those changes.

2. is there a way to keybind /vanish to vanish in and out quickly

3. bind o chat.say /vanish

4. I have tried both grant (id) and grant (owner) for permissions but it seems not to be working?
    grant group admin vanish.allowed
    I put this in my rustadmin console, not sure what I am doing wrong

5. The permission is named vanish.use and you need the oxide prefix in front of the command:

o.grant group admin vanish.use

should work.

Greetings

6. Thank You!!! That worked :)

7. There seems to be an issue with this plugin whereby even if you have all permissions granted, you still cannot damage anyone/anything while in vanish, even though there are specific permissions which should allow you to damage anyone/anything in vanish mode.

8. where do i go to grant a user

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

10. Code:
    Calling hook OnEntityTakeDamage resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: TruePVE - False (Boolean), Vanish (True (Boolean))
    I doubt there's a compromise but the error was actually causing server stalls. I removed the entire Damage Block object anyway so it's no longer an issue. Thought I'd throw it into the wind ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2018
  11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"true" is standard for "On" hooks, false is not. Both do the same thing in those hooks, but I would suggest TruePVE be updated to return true instead. Otherwise, it's not really an issue.

12. Is there a way to change the size of the vanish icon? I'd like to increase the size if possible.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Only via manually editing the positions via the plugin itself.

14. open Vanish.cs go to line 473 like this
    Code:
                        new CuiRectTransformComponent
                        {
                            AnchorMin = "0.795 0.017", // TODO: Add position config options
                            AnchorMax = "0.84 0.08"
                        }
    and change this values or play with it like u want

Code:
                            AnchorMin = "0.795 0.017", 
                            AnchorMax = "0.84 0.08"

15. @Wulf It works, but the new team update still shows you on the map.

16. Why can't I select any tools when in vanish?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Because it deselects the item you are holding so that it doesn't show to others and you don't have weapons floating around.

18. Thanks for clearing that up!

19. Can people using Vanish loot locked boxes? How do I disable this? I don't want my moderators being able to do that but they need Vanish...

20. Don't think that is featured yet