UpdateChecker

Moved

Total Downloads: 21,403 - First Release: Oct 24, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 1, 2018

5/5, 48 likes
  1. 1 or 2 people get the same result it is a bug, when everyone gets the same results it is time to redo things.
    Only other way i can see to get this plugin working is to change Oxide so all mods need to have the ResourceID info created for them to run.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The ResourceId will not always be used, which is why it isn't enforced.

3. Do you mind explaining to me what issues exactly you are facing?

4. Code:
    Following plugins are outdated:
    # Copy Paste | Installed: 3.4.1 - Latest: 3.4.5 | http://oxidemod.org/plugins/716/
    # Stack Size Controller | Installed: 1.9.6 - Latest: 1.9.8 | http://oxidemod.org/plugins/2320/
    This isn't output from my console, just using it as an example. I used to get a list of all plugins that were out of date with the link. I no longer get this. Not sure if related to what the others are talking about. There are a few plugins I have that I am pretty sure are out of date. When there is a new update I have to rely on email/oxide notifications. It's ok just was nice having the above output in the console.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This plugin relies on those plugins having a ResourceId set in each plugin. If those plugins don't have one set, then it has no idea where to look to see if there is an update. That entire list at the bottom of your post means they have no ResourceId set in them.

6. Code:
    (00:03:08) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin Rust:IO for Oxide
    (00:03:12) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin AutoDoors
    (00:03:12) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin AdvancedArrows
    (00:03:12) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin AdminRadar
    (00:03:12) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin Build
    (00:03:12) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin Death Notes
    (00:03:18) | [Updater] Couldn't check for updates of following plugins as they have no ResourceID set: Christmas, ForceSave, ID Lookup, PathFinding, SaveFix, StorageCleaner, Suicide Cooldown
    Oxide is updated and so are all the mods unless they updated in the last 10 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2017
  7. Just wondering, is it not possible to have the updater script automatically download the newer mods and copy over the old ones?
    Or at least have a toggle in the config file where you could turn it on and/or off.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not possible via a plugin. There are extensions and external scripts for this.

9. So I have a case where I've duplicated the issue I was reporting earlier.

Ran updates command in the console and it didn't tell me about the removertool update

Version on my server:
    [Info("RemoverTool", "Reneb", "4.1.12", ResourceId = 651)]

Current version:
    [Info("RemoverTool", "Reneb", "4.1.15", ResourceId = 651)]

10. I'll try that. Thank you for supplying additional information.

11. As a follow up to this, I updated Economics and a few other plugins that used the new economics update and since then the check is working again. Maybe I had too many plugins that were out of date? I was holding off on the Economics update because I knew there'd be a half dozen plugins to wait on.

12. I got the same issue with many mods.... I just went through and found about 10 mods that did not register as updated when they should have.

Capture.JPG

13. Code:
    Updater.cs(132,28): warning CS0618: `Oxide.Core.Libraries.WebRequests.EnqueueGet(string, System.Action<int,string>, Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<string,string>, float)' is obsolete: `EnqueueGet is deprecated, use Enqueue instead'

14. My apologies if this has been asked before.... but since this mod has not been updated since Oct 2016... does ANYONE have a fix for the "Web request callback raised an exception (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)" error??

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you provide the full error please?

16. Web request callback raised an exception (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object) at Oxide.Plugins.Updater.NotifyOutdated (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.Updater+<CheckForUpdates>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 (Int32 code, System.String response) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Core.Libraries.WebRequests+WebRequest.<OnComplete>b__42_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

As it is most of the plugins do not even work with this updater so I suspect other fixes are required as well:

(sample of my log)
    (07:00:55) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin NoDecay

(07:00:55) | [Updater] HTML for NightVision: Night Vision for Rust | Oxide

(07:00:55) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin NightVision

(07:00:55) | [Updater] HTML for PrivateMessage: Private Messaging for Rust | Oxide

(07:00:55) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin PrivateMessage

(07:00:55) | [Updater] HTML for RemoveDefaultRadiation: Remove Default Radiation for Rust | Oxide

(07:00:55) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin RemoveDefaultRadiation

(07:00:58) | [Updater] HTML for RemoverTool: R-Remover Tool for Rust | Oxide

(07:00:58) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin RemoverTool

(07:01:00) | [Updater] HTML for ServerInfo: ServerInfo for Rust | Oxide

(07:01:00) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin ServerInfo

(07:01:00) | [Updater] HTML for Sign Artist: Sign Artist for Rust | Oxide

(07:01:00) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin Sign Artist

(07:01:02) | [Updater] HTML for Updater: Updater | Oxide

(07:01:02) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin Updater

(07:01:02) | [Updater] HTML for Vanish: Vanish for Rust | Oxide

(07:01:02) | [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin Vanish

17. Anyone??

18. I'll look when I am back home.

19. When are you back home??

20. I'll come home on January 7th.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018