UpdateChecker

Moved

Total Downloads: 21,403 - First Release: Oct 24, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 1, 2018

5/5, 48 likes
  1. I don't seem to be having this issue on my end. Works fine for me

2. Still getting it:

Code:
    (23:01:03) | Web request callback raised an exception (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.Updater.NotifyOutdated (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Updater+<CheckForUpdates>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 (Int32 code, System.String response) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.WebRequests+WebRequest.<OnComplete>b__42_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

3. no issues here with this plugin - works as intended.
    U tried removing it and adding a fresh copy back ?

4. Can you please send me a list of your plugins (if you prefer, per pm) and your Updater files (config & plugin)?

5. is this working after yesterdays Update as all plugins are showing cant get latest version.
    Was fine yesterday.

[Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin RemoverTool
    [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin Updater
    [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin SkipNightUI
    [Updater] Couldn't get the latest version of plugin ServerRewards

6. copy on that issue... having the same....

7. I have the same issue

8. Same issue here too

9. fix that

Attached Files:

10. Yup I am having same issue on all my servers.

11. Same problem

12. The same Here...

13. Same problem

14. i think all updaters are broke - hope they do get fixed though as hate having to do them manually.

15. Hi, just need to know, I am using this plug-in and I am getting the message "couldn't get the latest version of plugin " the plugin then lists all the plugins in the server as unable to get latest version, could you help?

16. we need to wait for an update im afraid.Everyone is getting the same error at the moment.

17. I noticed the issues, this seems to be caused by the SSL update to the site. It looks like the webrequests sent can not work with ssl.

18. I have been trying to hack this to work.

Initially I just changed this line to add the "S":
    webrequest.EnqueueGet($"https://oxidemod.org/plugins/{plugin.ResourceId}/", (code, response) =>

But the calls still failed with:
    [Updater] Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

I assumed either the certificate need a looking into or that access needs to get fixes so we can add SSL support. But then I found this:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2017-1-tls-1-2-still-not-working-with-net-4-6.487415/

If I am reading that correctly, for right now it seems this will not work until either Unity fixes their code, or Oxide allows non-SSL access to the site again. Simplest fix is allowing non-SSL access to oxidemod as a Unity fix could be a long while as this was identified as an issue over a year ago. I could be off on a tangent here. I am keen to get this working as maintaining plugins manually is labour intensive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2018
  19. yeah it stopped working when this site updated.

20. It would be nice if there is an ignore list included with the next update :)