Staff Chat

Private chat for staff members and other VIP players

Total Downloads: 330 - First Release: May 24, 2017 - Last Update: Jun 3, 2017

5/5, 2 likes
  1. players are 0 but you dont need to set the normal players you can add any player to a group that has the permission from this mod and they will see that channel. Many plugins use permissions to use them and only work that way some like the kit plugin goes off your auth level 2 you should also read the overview of each plugin you install. The Wipe Schedule plugin does not use permissions going by the overview

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  2. This mod Wipe Schedule for Rust | Oxide doesn't really say it has permissions - or maybe I missed it? It says users should be able to access in game wipe cycle by typing /nextwipe but it isn't working.

I've also set up the group "mod" to have auth 1 - is this the correct command? set group mod "[MOD]" 1 ? I still can't access the staff chat in game when I type /mod <message> - it doesn't even give me an error message it just stays blank....like the command isn't even working. I'm stumped on this.

3. You set everything up from the commands shown in the overview

4. Sorry I set the group up from rcon command line.

5. thats ok you can do both it is meant to be done from in game I edited my above post did not see that at first as its late here need sleep

6. staffchat.jpg

So I set the permissions for the group "moderator". In the game chat I type /mod <message> and it does nothing. So, this is where I'm stumped.

7. You would be best to add the permission to the group then add the user to the group and I can test this and give help over skype but I am going to bed soon

8. Ah, I don't want to keep you from sleeping. It's not that big of a deal it just seems like nothing I do is working on this server unless I have the "admin" group

9. Going to bed will pm you then you can send me your skype info and server info will add you to skype when I get up

10. Thanks will send it to you

11. Sorry, would have given you guys a hand. Apparently I hadn't turned my notifications on for this plugin page.

12. Not sure I get this. I'm an admin and I want to talk to the VIPs. How? There doesn't seem to be a command to allow me to to do that.

Suggestion:-
    /a for admin chat e.g. /a Hi fellow admins!
    /m for moderator chat e.g. /m Hi mods!
    /v for VIP chat e.g. /v Hello you wonderful people!

Otherwise it's a bit... Not useful? Or am I missing something?

13. You need the 3 permission add to the admin group and have auth level 2 then you can talk in the other groups and they can talk to you

14. Just assign yourself to all of the groups using the permissions

15. Yes to read chat, but for example I want to say something to only VIPs and not to admins. How do I do that?

16. You need to talk in the vip chat channel for that

17. Yes. How do I do that? /v ?

What am I missing? I am an admin and I want to send a message to all VIPs only. What is the exact command for me to do that?

18. read posts above its already been posted

19. I've read them all, and as I said unless I'm missing something - which is possible - as an admin with all permissions, how do I address only the VIP group and no-one else? If you don't know just say so.

20. Use /vip? That addresses VIP only.