5/5, 2 likes
  1. Twistedwheel submitted a new resource:

Staff Chat - Private chat for staff members and other VIP players

Read more about this resource...

2. Twistedwheel updated Staff Chat with a new update entry:

3. Twistedwheel updated Staff Chat with a new update entry:

4. how to trigger between chats?

5. Trigger? What do you mean?

6. example Clan Plugin uses /c to chat in clanchat or /a to chat in ally chat and private messages uses /pm to talk private

i seen alot Request going for people that want similar to ur idea but with a on/off button or a trigger button like /S = Staff /V is vip /m = Mod /a = admin

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That'd just be a command alias, which you can add along with the existing commands; though I would recommend doing something with the Lang API like I do with my latest plugin updates.

8. ah for my i thinking more about if i use this now then people cant talk default cuz they force into vip chats

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, so more of actual channels.

10. atleast this is what look like for me if i would use it it look like that vip can only talk to vip staff can only talk to staff but i dont see any commands related to switching between channels i just bringing idea's to the table ;P
    [DOUBLEPOST=1496277836][/DOUBLEPOST]the concept is good but now the Build ;P

11. Oh, I made it this way mainly so that staff can talk privately in-game. You could always assign the moderator and VIP channels to admins so that they can also see into those channels. Same goes for applying VIP to moderators so they are able to see it.

12. version is wrong on latest upload says 1.0.1

13. Twistedwheel updated Staff Chat with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1496447987][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Updated to reflect version, cheers.

14. does this work with BetterChat?

15. It handles chat separately, so yes. It won't interfere with BetterChat.

16. Thanks for the reply. I have set up permissions in oxide for anyone in the group "mod" to have access to the /mod chat.
    When I test it in the server, I can use it no problem. I see what I type. The other person uses /mod and types a message but it doesn't show up to them or to me in the server. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

17. Try oxide.grant group moderator staffchat.mod
    oxide.grant group admin staffchat.admin

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  18. for some reason I'm only able to use it when I give myself the usergroup "admin" in oxide. I'm am trying to get it to work with my new user group "mod"
    I'm kind of stumped on this

19. If you have made a group called mod and have mods auth level 1 if not a auth level 1 then in the group mod then adding the permission it will work so make sure all members are in the group and the group has the permission also the players are typing the admin should have the 3 permissions so they can see all chat rooms
    staffchat.admin
    staffchat.mod
    staffchat.vip

oxide.grant group moderator staffchat.mod
    oxide.grant group mod staffchat.mod
    oxide.grant group vip staffchat.vip
    oxide.grant group admin staffchat.admin
    oxide.grant group admin staffchat.mod
    oxide.grant group admin staffchat.vip

20. OK, I'm am starting to understand the "auth" levels. I read up on how to create/remove/add groups in the doc Wulf had, but I must have missed what the auth levels do/mean.

What auth level does the default player group have? It doesn't seem like they can use any chat commands in game. I have the "Wipe Schedule" plugin installed but I can't use it unless I"m in group admin. Is this an auth level issue as well? I'm thinking I must have really screwed up something when I installed oxide.