1. I personally do not use HeliControl, but you could give it a try and see it for yourself.

2. Do you use TimedExecute to spawn helis by chance? If so, would you mind showing me your config? I could really use the help. I posted my config but it doesn't work. It runs the command but does nothing.

3. I do not, as helis spawn every 32-72 or something similar in-game hours.

4. Yes, but the DayVote mod will cause them to not spawn, similar to airdrops. I have a controller for airdrops so its not an issue, but I haven't been able to do the same for the heli as of yet...

5. I have the same issue with helis. I used Heli Control for a bit but had to take it off because the helis it spawned were insanely more dangerous than the normal one, totally messing up entire armored bases with a volley or two of rocket. I ended up taking out the longer day plugin I had and people are mad at me for it.. lol

6. Basically what I do for now is just call a heli every few day cycles via the in game console, since I can't seem to run the command from anywhere else, not even my RCON tool (Rusty).

7. Is there any way to program heli to spawn on some action? On example when c4 or rockets are used or when players enter some area. That would be great. Also I would like to keep heli "interested" to target. A lot of times happen that random spawned heli just go away in the middle of the battle. It is not interested like when you call heli on a player which will keep flying around you for a long time.
    Thank you for your effort.

8. I think if you want to put those things in at startup you just put it with a + in your start-batchfile. So like +heli.bulletAccuracy 1

9. trying to add killheli to my mods group (oxide.group mod, not global) via oxide.grant group mod helicontrol.callheli and oxide.grant group mod helicontrol.killheli and those in that group are unable to call or kill it..... why?

10. First of all, you should've probably posted this in the HeliControl thread. Secondly, "killheli" as a permission doesn't exist. The group "mod" does not exist by default, I believe it is Moderator. As per the current version of HeliControl (changing soon), the only permission required is "helicontrol.callheli", however, there's a bug that requires AuthLevel no matter what. I am releasing an update soon to fix this.

Hate to reply to such an old post, but the Heli isn't any more lethal than the ones regularly spawned, unless you changed some of the config options. Otherwise, it's all default.

11. Has anyone been able to get the heli to spawn via command in TimedExecute?

12. TimedEvents? I call my heli every ~15hours in TimedEvents like so:
    "50505:callheli",

13. ah, but you are using the HeliControl plugin. I was hoping to be able to do it without using that plugin.

14. yeah couldnt figure it out, and path of least frustration....

15. Code:
    heli.call
    is native to Rust and calls a helicopter. Not sure why you're opposed to using HeliControl, as the default config changes nothing only adds commands.

EDIT: Just saw another one of your posts saying heli.call doesn't work for you. Not sure why. I'll have to test that command myself. Are you sure it's not just really slow? I'm pretty sure Rust spawns it very far away, so it probably takes a few minutes for it to get to mainland.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  16. I ended up using HeliControl. I was opposed to it because I read a lot of complaints about it but so far it is working without any issue. I figured I had to use it since I also use BetterLoot. Thanks man.

17. type drop in your console in game, it will spawn a heli...

18. entity.create "assets/prefabs/npc/patrol helicopter/patrolhelicopter.prefab"

19. just write in F1 "call helicopter"

20. I tried everything and in logs it says Helicopter Inbound and on my GUI dashboard should we call it, shows red helicopter icon, but then it goes off, but there is no helicopter! Can someone tell me why could this be?