SleeperAnimalProtection

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,062 - First Release: Jun 9, 2016 - Last Update: Jul 24, 2017

5/5, 7 likes
  1. Fujikura submitted a new resource:

Sleeper Animal Protection - Protects sleeping players from being killed by animals

Read more about this resource...

2. Kill an animal - not the best way.

3. Jepp, i know, thats why i described it in the text and did not hide it :). Is a first draw which gave a currently the best performance. Next update should include a better solution, thats right.

4. A small question. If I was attacked by Heli and i do quick disconnect - Will Heli be destroyed ? :)

P.S. Sorry for my English.

5. Short Answer: No.
    It checks for 'BaseNPC'. The PatrolHelicopter is no BaseNPC.

6. It is good, but what about сheating with disconnecting ? Also may be good idea it is checking sleeper's place ? For example if sleeper place is foundation then sleeper can not take damage from animals.

7. The primary goal of this is to keep sleepers protected, even if they are newbies or have a force close by game or other unwanted disconnect reasons. Any other addotionally checks would increase cpu load, and thats what i wanted to prevent, as this is only intended as a small helper plugin.

How should someone use this for cheating purpose, as this only prevents against killed by animals while sleepimg?

8. For example, if you run out from a bear you can just disconnect to save your loot

9. Yep, this plugin makes this posssible. But i doubt that this will do a wide range of players^^
    As many servers run with loot of plugin, an additional check would inscrease cpu-load for such not high risk plugin :p
    Or what dou you mena?

10. Of course additional check would inscrease cpu-load. But if i make such plugin, i would add in config file option to do hard check for existing foundation or not.

11. Comes on the To-Do List :)

12. Fujikura updated Sleeper Animal Protection with a new update entry:

13. The best way to stop cheating with it — check how much time has passed after player disconnect (start sleeping), then prevent damage if time > 1 minute.

14. cheating against animals?

15. — For example, if you run out from a bear you can just disconnect to save your loot

16. Like Microsoft said: It's not a bug, its a feature.
    And thats why you can with latest update force the check 'if on top of foundation'. This should be check enough, as this getting caught by animals does not affect any player to player activity.

17. I can quickly build a foundation, then send 'sleep' command, but as you wish.

18. :) I've seen doing people many things while they try to flee of an bear/wolf, but the chance that you'll aware of this fast enough, have the bulding plan in the hand, wood in Inv, clicking the the planner while runnig, place a foundation, perhaps on a not good place, or you are to near to a momument, and you have to search 1-2 secs to place, or more, then you'll need to walk on it, send 'sleep' or press alt+f4...

In most cases, most players are death until they would stand on the foundation :p But as you wish...
    I'll put it on the to-do

19. Well the best way to get away with loot from bear/wolfs would be to have a gun and kill them ;) People sometimes forget on modded servers that still it is RUST and RUST is a survival game ;)

20. Hey there, I need help, I installed the plugin, and now I can't get any plugin work, and I can't delete it, in FTP it appears an error, and in Server's File Manager it says it is used by another proccess, please help, thx!