1. Okay well some reason it won't let me upload the picture but I have it my .bat file nesting in this folder in this order...

: D:\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\rust_dedicated

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, and is the RustDedicated.exe in that same location?

3. yes its in the same location

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Can you run RustDedicated.exe directly? Also, if you could upload your log.txt too once you get a chance.

5. yeah the rustdedicated.exe works perfectly fine.. log.txt?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, the logs.txt actually from where your RustDedicated.exe is. Make sure you try with the .bat again though FROM YOUR INSTALL location before uploading it.

7. @Nude Mile can you post some screenshots of your rust server files it might help

8. okay here are the logs

Attached Files:

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your server install is either outdated or incomplete, I'd recommend running SteamCMD again with the validate option as shown in the first post of this thread. You also do not have Oxide installed currently according to the log, but I'd recommend getting Rust starting properly first.

10. I play rust all the time though.. and I just did the steamCMD update for rust, then downloaded and copied all the oxide files into the folders like it said to. but ill try it again

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you sure you downloaded the latest release? Also make sure you are installing Oxide while the server is shutdown.

12. yeah I just ran it now and it says 258550 is already up to date.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466317647][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah its still not working, =[ I don't know what could be the problem..

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd try a fresh install, and making sure you are getting the latest Oxide build.

14. Its got to be my .bat file because the rustDedicated.exe works perfectly fine... and I just did a fresh install..

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you try using the _start-example.bat that Oxide includes?

16. sure where is that at?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's included with every Oxide build you download.

18. the start_example works perfectly fine too

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, I think I see your issue, you have too many quotes in your server name. There should only be one quote on each side of the server name.

20. wow something so small and it works lol but thanks for the help! =]