1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which mod?

2. So should i write this commands to ingame console or the server console?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Either would work if you are set as an owner.

4. how do i give myself permission to use commands from plugins?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to check the plugin to see what permission is required, then use the 'grant' command to give your user or group the permission as shown in the tutorial I linked. If you can't use the grant command in-game, then you are not owner/admin with Rust yet (may need to logout and back in).

7. How to give urself xp or levels on rust experimental xp version ??? im owner :D

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

xp.add #
    xp.addlevel #

9. hey guys, does anyone know how to toggle the admin commands to see projectiles? i see it on youtube but i never find what the command it.

it would be a big help, thanks for reading!

this is what im talking about btw

10. Alright so my friend is renting a Rust server so that she & I can have our own server, mods, etc. I have been looking for a working command for connecting as an Admin to the game. I have tried some I have found on Google none of which work, or if they are working commands they reply telling me I am not an Admin but in the hosting package we are both set as owners. I have even tried adding us as mods with no luck. Sadly there is not a lot of information given with the host on how to use any of the commands or what they are.

So I need to know what the RCON commands are so that I can try to login via that.

I am a webmaster, but remote game hosting is new to me. The FTP bit is pretty self explanatory to me being I have used FTP servers & clients for more then 10+ years.

In the RCON Details it gives a link,
    Facepunch Forums

I am not clear on how to use the above link as it refers to it as a client. If anyone knows how to use this information it would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    AWFordJr

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

See Admin and moderators in Rust | Oxide.

12. Thank you I had found that before but thought it was for local servers only. I figured it out, and really appreciate it!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1468218063][/DOUBLEPOST]On the xp.add is there a way to remove it in case you do something stupid like make yourself in the negative? I am just playing around with server right now, and will reset everything later.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

xp.reset

14. Alright thank you.

Any chance you know where the dedicated server settings is located? I want to change some things & add a description of server. My host does not give this information.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

server/identity/cfg/server.cfg

Manually create it if you don't have one.

16. Yeah I think they do not allow access to this file, so we have just ask them to change the Rust server to a 7 Days to Die server since I know how to make all the needed changes with it, and its much easier to mod & handle.

Thank you very much for all your help. I may in the future once I get my own place & not renting as a roommate play with the dedicated script for Rust, and see about setting up my own server. I hate not having access to needed files like the server.cfg I get that they do not want to have people change the slots & what not but I need access to that file for normal settings other then slots.

Thanks again!

17. Good evening , I followed the update rust that I will say to do to save carefree , but I do not see what is the savegame protocol , or I can find her ? thank you very much

18. "server/identity/cfg/server.cfg"

So my friend got a refund for her server, and I got my own now. I want to learn as much about the plugins, settings, etc so. I added the file because the only file in this directory was "users.cfg" which has my Steam ID as my being owner. So how do I get settings in that file now that I created? Will it populate once I restart the server or no? If not, could you kindly post in {code} what the default settings are so I can copy & paste them please?

Thanks!

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just add one command/setting per line. The server will likely need to be restarted for it to load, else try server.readcfg. Default settings you don't really need to add, they're already default, but you can see some examples of what you can change in the first post.