Rename

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,980 - First Release: Jun 28, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 23, 2017

5/5, 7 likes
  1. pls reset)

2. When running Oxide 2.0.2977, upon client reconnect for a renamed person, the in-game name for chat stays as the defined /rename - but the /rename falls off of the player model and restores back to normal (through TAB menu and the name that others see when looking at you in-game).

In other words: /rename works 100%, I reconnect, my name is still changed in chat but not changed on my player.

(This is way less important) I don't know if this is fixable or possible with the plugin, but the vanilla ownership system also registers items as belonging to your original name, even after a suicide or crafting new items.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Rename with a new update entry:

4. I know this seems like an odd request, but when trying to TP to, PM, or find certain people, a name such as "GG" will return hundreds of results. Is it possible to have a permanent string added via /rename, such as /rename GG "1_" would rename a playername to 1_GG, and if the player switched his name to "Z" to still avoid detection, the playername would thus be "1_Z"?
    We have a rule in my server where short names are prohibited because it inhibits staff from doing their jobs properly and causes a lot more confusion than it's worth. Punishing players for a short name or a duplicate name seems over the line for a person ultimately choosing whatever name they want, but having a name penalty until they fix the behavior or issue seems like a logical solution. It could also be used as an alternate way to tag problem players such as </renamestring "GG" "[Rulebreaker]>. I just feel that if I currently /rename most people, they can use it to a gameplay advantage by changing their steam profile name to make themselves unfindable.

TL;DR:
    If a string of characters followed the rename process instead of a full rename, such as /renamestring GG DupedName1 - when a player renamed to "Z" it could have an incredible usage, because people would still be able to identify who that player is very easily. Staff and players could tell that it was not "z" who killed them (who would be nearly unfindable) but the DupedName1_Z player. Staff could then investigate the appropriate player instead of the report causing mass confusion or neglect.

I just figured it might be another way to make this plugin far more applicable and effective for how I'd use it.
    It's just a thought. If my suggestion is a bad idea, please just feel free to delete my post, thanks for all that you do & for reading what I have to say :) <3

5. rename 765611??? PLine

Failed to call hook 'RenameCommand' on plugin 'Rename v0.3.0'
    (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please provide the full error from the oxide/logs.

Thanks for the input, I'm sure I can implement some of the ideas. :)

7. Sorry Wulf ...
    the player was not online.

After he entered the rust, not make any more problems.

8. How to rename the admin name

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"Prevent Admin Renames (true/false)": false

In the config. ^

10. Failed to call hook 'NameResetCommand' on plugin 'Rename v0.3.0' (IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.)

when trying to reset my own name

"prevent admin renames" is off

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you provide the full error form the log as well as the exact command you used please?

12. After the update today I got this error when I did the resetname "player" command in my rust admin tool. Dunno if its something I did or not as it was working fine pre-update. Thanks in advanced for the help and hard work ya do wulf.
    Code:
    (19:16:23) | Failed to call hook 'NameResetCommand' on plugin 'Rename v0.3.0' (IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.)
    (19:16:23) | at Oxide.Plugins.Rename.NameResetCommand (IPlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Rename.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

13. Bug: Killing someone while being renamed it will still display your real name on his death screen

14. Code:
    (04:27:56) | Failed to call hook 'RenameCommand' on plugin 'Rename v0.3.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (04:27:56) | at BasePlayer.SendConsoleCommand (System.String command, System.Object[] obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Player.Message (.BasePlayer player, System.String message, System.String prefix, UInt64 userId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Rename.RenameCommand (IPlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Rename.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Getting this error when I try to rename someone, don't know if it's because they're offline or because of a natural bug.

15. Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to make this plugin. Is it possible to also hide or set the users avatar to the default rust icon or something? I'm trying to change my name in the game but it is remembering my avatar as well so giving away the fact that I have changed my name.

16. seems to be broken in latest update... player list showing my steam name while the name in inventory shows the name i renamed to using /rename

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Some names in Rust are handled by Steam on the client only, but either way it'd be a change that Oxide would have to make if there is one, not this plugin.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

19. The problem is, when I rename myself people can PM me only by using my original name... and I don't think the problem is in PM plugin... This wasn't an issue until new update...