Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,320 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. It does not work correctly with "Gather" quests. When you hit that new mini game X dots on tree or ores , at the end mini game system of Rust gives you extra resources and plugin can't count that.

2. The plugin doesn't like anything that is higher than the original vanilla rate when this plugin was last updated, sadly.

3. He can fix that. It is fixed before for gather rate plugin, when HQ thing came up

4. Well, I'd love it if it were fixed, then my server could be functioning at higher the normal rate! Haha.

5. @k1lly0u
    Is is possible for this to be updated?

6. Does anyone know how to get the quest vendors to work? I cant seem to figure it out.
    Ive set
    "UseNPCVendors": true
    so I'm not sure why I don't get any new prompt when accessing the npc.

7. Did you follow the steps listed on the overview?

Code:
    /questnpc - Used to register a NPC vendor (requires you to start the process through the menu!) You may also assign a name to the NPC by adding the name after the command.
    Example: /questnpc Lakeside Vendor
    *Note that the name does not require it to be in quotation marks

8. @k1lly0u
    Mind changing
    Code:
    [PluginReference] Plugin HuntPlugin;
    to
    Code:
    [PluginReference] Plugin HuntRPG;
    Thanks!
    And all of the hooks that use HuntPlugin as well.
    That would be amazing!

9. Hey @Wulf
    If I give you an updated .cs file for this, and you look over it, could you post an update?
    I fixed the dispenser bonus bug with gathering HQO.
    I also patched up the HuntRPG stuff as well.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1517632768][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Speaking on this replace this
    Code:
            // Gather
            void OnDispenserGather(ResourceDispenser dispenser, BaseEntity entity, Item item)
            {
                BasePlayer player = entity?.ToPlayer();
                if (player != null)
                    if (hasQuests(player.userID) && isQuestItem(player.userID, item.info.shortname, QuestType.Gather))
                        ProcessProgress(player, QuestType.Gather, item.info.shortname, item.amount);
            }
            void OnPlantGather(PlantEntity plant, Item item, BasePlayer player)
            {
                if (player != null)
                    if (hasQuests(player.userID) && isQuestItem(player.userID, item.info.shortname, QuestType.Gather))
            }
            void OnCollectiblePickup(Item item, BasePlayer player)
            {
               if (player != null)
            }

with this
    Code:
            // Gather
            void OnDispenserGather(ResourceDispenser dispenser, BaseEntity entity, Item item)
            {
                BasePlayer player = entity?.ToPlayer();
                if (player != null)
            }
            void OnPlantGather(PlantEntity plant, Item item, BasePlayer player)
            {
                if (player != null)
            }
            void OnCollectiblePickup(Item item, BasePlayer player)
            {
               if (player != null)
            }
           void OnDispenserBonus(ResourceDispenser dispenser, BasePlayer player, Item item)
            {
               if (player != null)
            }

To fix the HQO.
    This also looks to fix the "gathering at vanilla rate" thing as well.
    Can confirm it fixes the vanilla gather rate.
    Seems to break after a bit, lemme look into it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1517633401][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I fixed this.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  10. <3 Love you!

11. Maybe I should take this plugin over too eh? A lot easier to understand than Hunt.

12. ....... and some other ones too :) want a list ? HA

13. Go ahead, every plugin I work on makes me only better in repairing and building them. ;)

14. Ill msg you.

15. Alrighty.

16. When I type Quest Item nothing happens. I am stuck at creating quests ;-(

17. I suggest you read the overview.

18. Ok maybe my mistake to not say what I tried. (I did just like: it is not working help....)
    I tried (all in chat, so everyone sees it right?)
    'Quest Item'
    Quest Item
    quest item
    'quest item'
    "quest item"

None of them with / (like the overview said)

19. Weird, also, make sure you make the edits I stated above for full HuntRPG support.
    Normally just quest item works. Once I get home I could probably check a few things out.

20. Thanks mate!
    If I have an example then I could make them myself.
    When I get the hang of it I might make a "Tool" with powershell to write quests there and export it to json.