Popup Notifications

Popup notifications that can be created by admins and other plugins

Total Downloads: 9,351 - First Release: Jul 22, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 18, 2018

5/5, 30 likes
  1. This plugin doesn't work for me, tried everything, i even went as far as reinstalling my server files, and still, i get the "Unknown Command: popupmsg"

2. Hey is there any way i could change the colour? Can you tell me where i should do the code thanks!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456074326][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean like every time you do a message its coloured not just from typing <color>

3. Is there a way to center it on the screen? Or did i miss that post

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd have had to change to PositionX and PositionY, though I'm not sure what the center would be.

5. This should center the Notification!

PATH: \server\config\PopupNotifications.json
    Code:
    {
      "DefaultShowDuration": 8.0,
      "FadeTime": 1.0,
      "Height": 0.1,
      "MaxShownMessages": 5,
      "PositionX": 0.4,
      "PositionY": 0.45,
      "ScrollDown": true,
      "Spacing": 0.01,
      "Transparency": 0.3,
      "Width": 0.19
    }

6. notice.popupall - Command not found - plz hel :(

7. its popupmsg.global

8. Ingame you also can use /popupmsg "YOUR MESSAGE" don't remove this letters ( " . . . " )

9. I use Rust Admin to display these commands, and apparently it does not work with this plugin. Thanks for answers.

10. I dont mean to sound stupid, but I am a 55 year old admin of Fe203-H20 PVE modded and I really haven't figured out the instance thing, I more or less get the "C" code but I don't know where to put it,,,hahahaha at my age I should know...seriously though
    could you possible give me a quick little where and what, I am running a Vilayer Server so cut and paste is pretty good. Thanks to anyone who wants to help the elderly lol... Respect your elders :)

11. Do you mean where to put the plugin? if yes then you put it in your oxide/plugins folder

12. Hi, emu.
    REQUEST Order
    • new line
      (type: text \n text message)
    • background color chenge

13. Thnx for a quick reply, I have it in the correct folder, and the only "automated" popup msg. I get is from the "rain of fire" plugin, I tried putting my own in and the only way it works is to send the message globally. I would like to know how to configure it so the message I write, cycles every 30 minutes or so with out having to use the console to keep sending it. An automated message is what I would like... I hope I explained it better this time.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459084695][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I am trying to get an answer too, I will let you know if I get anything, the only way I can do it is thru a global console command. ttyl

14. No plugins come to mind that does popup messages you could post in requests see if you could get one made for free if not for free then pay a coder to make you what you want

15. Are you serious??? we are in the POP UP MSG forum stop trolling( this messages has been edited numerous times due to inproper thoughts and comments by the author)

16. This plugin is an addon for other plugins, it won't popup messages unless it has another plugin to do it. Don't be rude to members who try to help. You sound like a teen going off on their parents

17. I finally got around to installing this and I like it. It keeps the right info out of the chat box and in front of the players so they can see it better .. Thank you keep up the good work.. Rust on my brother.

18. @emu
    I am using this with MagicCraft which replaces the usual crafting GUI that comes up the side, so my desire was to have the popups start at the bottom and when more than one is displayed, the next get's displayed on top instead of getting displayed on the bottom, similar to how the normal crafting GUI works.
    I have just made some small changes to the code to put this in the configuration file and be easily configurable for the average user without editing the C# file. If you would like this option to be available in your releases, let me know and I can serve you up the C# file to take a look at.

The new config file looks like this:
    Code:
    {
      "DefaultShowDuration": 8.0,
      "FadeTime": 1.0,
      "Height": 0.1,
      "MaxShownMessages": 7,
      "PositionX": 0.8,
      "PositionY": 0.78,
      "Scroll": true,
      "ScrollUp": false,
      "Spacing": 0.01,
      "Transparency": 0.7,
      "Width": 0.19
    }
    scrollDown has been changed to just scroll and the new variable scrollUp has been added, if true messages will scroll up, if false they will scroll down.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  19. Hi,

How are you? Just wondering if there is any way to set this up with scheduled messages for restarts and the like?

Thank you
    NUG - Soul

20. @NUG - Soul_Mystic

Use the plugin Timed Execute with the command:
    Code:
    popupmsg.global 'Restart in 1 hour.'
    For example:
    Code:
        "06:00:00": "popupmsg.global 'Restart in 1 hour.'",
    Your message has to be encased in apostrophes other wise you will get a syntax error for Popup Notifications, this will however show the apostrophes in the message.

If you are anal like me and don't want the apostrophes showing at the start and end of the message, send me a PM and I will give you the PopupNotifications.cs file which I added some code to for removing the apostrophes from the start and end of the message.

@emu If you would also like this extra piece of code I added, let me know and I can give you the C# file.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016