1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Reloading plugins will not restart your server.

2. I know that, I worded it wrong.

Same issue as everyone else, plugins werent loading on server start, manually loaded a load of em.
    For some other reason whatever it was had unexpected restart
    Manually reloaded those plugins again
    Reluctant to restart just to show the compiler thing because I have people on.

you want me to try oxide.reload *

??

3. go to your plugins and set a dot in front of the name of PlayerManager.
    It will prevent it from being set into the loading queue.
    The do "reload *" and all plugins will load
    (i did it that way)

4. That seems to reload the plugins that have already been manually loaded, I did that, then did /spawns (hadnt loaded that plugin manually yet) not a recognised command, manually reloaded it and there it was.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, so I believe I found the cause (at least one of them). Any plugins referencing something from Rust that uses Newtonsoft.Json (ex. Facepunch.ObjectList) will cause errors due to a dependency mismatch. Ideally the plugin would not be calling this directly in the game, but to resolve it try the DLL below by placing it under RustDedicated_Data/Managed while the server is offline (likely won't work while online).

Attached Files:

6. Awesome, thanks, can someone with no pop confirm this works, dont wanna jerk my guys around and make em wait 15 mins while i manually load all the plugins again :)

7. I tried my server no longer works. Offline (sorry i'm french)

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Need details, updated logs, etc. Can't fix what we can't see.

9. Logs :

Attached Files:

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You haven't updated to the DLL I provided previously according to the log.

11. Copy to /games/rust/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Offline Server....
    New logs :

Attached Files:

12. It works.. I have replaced the file and all plugins loaded after restart

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you let me know which plugins you have that use Facepunch.Objectlist in them?

14. Yay, I see you updated the repo as well, will update when and if pop dips. Any chance I can point you in the direction of HumanNpc when you get a moment? The Shop NPC's and above all zombies are our main draw. :)

15. Build ,HitmakerGUI,Infopanel,Killfeed,Playermanager,ServerInfo I think all these :D

16. Wulf is goin the extra mile tonight, praise wulf

17. Beautiful update. Now the server is found with 0 plugins and me with an offline server

18. Here you go

Attached Files:

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pushed a new build (2.0.3012) that includes the updated Newtonsoft.Json.dll. This is the same version that comes with Rust, just bundling it as sort of a hack to get around a limitation with our current build process. Just to clarify, the error is coming from one plugin erroring because of a DLL dependency mismatch, where the plugin is trying to use something from Rust's Assembly-CSharp.dll that requires a specific version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll.

Because plugins are compiled in a single batch (all at once) on startup and not individually, the compiler couldn't figure out how to handle the error and so the rest of the plugins errored as well, though they weren't actually at fault in most cases. Ideally this would not happen, but it was case where we did not see it during testing due to not running any of the affected plugins that were triggering it.

20. My server is up to date but:

Code:
    10:22 [Error] Error while compiling Compiler v1.0.0.94 disconnected.

Attached Files: