NightLantern

Automatically turns ON and OFF lanterns after sunset and sunrise

Total Downloads: 20,602 - First Release: Jun 27, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 52 likes
  1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern+LightController.ToggleLight (Boolean status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern+<ToggleAllLights>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

i am getting this error in logs

2. Here is my error.
    13:31 [Error] Failed to run a 20.00 timer in 'NightLantern v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern.ToggleSearchlights (Boolean status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern.CheckTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern.<TimeLoop>m__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  3. Receiving same errors.

4. Don't no if this was overlooked but their is no setting for small furnaces.
    they turn on and off with the lights.
    Can set the large one but not the small.

5. Does this plugin work for anyone? It doesn't turn lights on/off automatically anymore. What is the last version that worked?

6. see overview and make sure your config is the same

7. Default doesn't work, neither does what I changed it to:

Code:
    {
      "Light Settings": {
        "BBQ": {
          "This type is enabled": false,
          "This type consumes fuel": true,
          "This type can be toggled by the owner": true,
          "This type requires permission to be toggled by the owner": false
        },
        "Campfire": {
        },
        "CeilingLight": {
          "This type is enabled": true,
          "This type consumes fuel": false,
        },
        "Firepit": {
          "This type is enabled": flase,
        },
        "Fireplace": {
        },
        "Furnace": {
          "This type can be toggled by the owner": false,
        },
        "JackOLantern": {
        },
        "Lanterns": {
        },
        "LargeFurnace": {
        },
        "Searchlight": {
        },
        "TunaLight": {
        }
      },
      "Time autolights are disabled": 7.5,
      "Time autolights are enabled": 18.5,
      "Version": {
        "Major": 2,
        "Minor": 0,
        "Patch": 92
      }
    }
    My list of plugins:

https://i.imgur.com/NVkLk1a.png

8. /lantern global

9. Are you familiar with this plugin? The lights are supposed to turn and off automatically, not with a command.

10. I have used it and it worked for me so you need to work out why its not for you

11. Anyone else's players get kicked with a simpleflare error when the lights turn on at night?

12. Had to remove this plugin for now, seems my players found out you can eat meat and open presents within campfires to duplicate loot infinitely until it was removed.

13. Latest Rust update changed a bunch of IDs. Searchlight is now 1427415412. Changed it on my local copy and confirmed it works. Please update for everyone else.

14. Code:
    (10:05:36) | NightLantern was compiled successfully in 1052ms
    (10:05:37) | Failed to call hook 'Unload' on plugin 'NightLantern v2.0.92' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern+LightController.ToggleLight (System.Boolean status) [0x000ba] in <a326be72e5ae44838d71d0359db825ad>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern.Unload () [0x00019] in <a326be72e5ae44838d71d0359db825ad>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x0036c] in <a326be72e5ae44838d71d0359db825ad>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00079] in <17b9f46063fe4ac9ae4a1000712647ce>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x000d8] in <ba44835247a74c58bf6cabef8b441b56>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00060] in <ba44835247a74c58bf6cabef8b441b56>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated NightLantern with a new update entry:

16. I'm getting spammed with this in console since loading
    Code:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Do I need to delete the config json?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your logs for the full error.

18. Had to delete the config json. No more errors. Thank you

19. Code:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern+LightController.ToggleLight (System.Boolean status) [0x000ba] in <e2a0372c533a4df58cb11925fb405c9f>:0 
      at Oxide.Plugins.NightLantern+<ToggleAllLights>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x000a0] in <e2a0372c533a4df58cb11925fb405c9f>:0 
      at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <e62018e11c0a49d48c08c9fbcfd3623f>:0 (Filename: <e2a0372c533a4df58cb11925fb405c9f> Line: 0)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  20. Is there a way to save global.toggle being loaded as disabled? I want to save global.toggle as disabled when I'm loading it, but there's no option in the config and I can't seem to figure out how to edit it.

In other words, /lantern global does not save, and it seems there's no config option to save its variable server-wide.

Thank you in advance for any help <3

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2018