Logger

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,431 - First Release: Oct 22, 2014 - Last Update: Dec 12, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide/logs

2. ok, havent found it yet.
    Maybe i should use a comamnd first xD

3. How do I use this logger with a service such as clan forge? Where I only have access to the config files, as far as I can see.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to contact your host to make sure you can access the logs folder for Oxide.

5. Ok so I have the Oxide log files:
    output_log.txt (Jan 16 19:01:38, 42.69 KB)
    oxide_2017-01-16.txt (Jan 16 19:01:32, 329.08 KB)
    compiler_16-01-2017.txt (Jan 16 18:54:02, 662 Bytes)
    oxide_2017-01-15.txt (Jan 15 22:15:40, 22.97 KB)

I am getting a friend to use kick in the console and I cant seem to find the associated log in these files. Am I looking the correct place? I have put the following in the config:
    LogChat": false,
    "LogCommands": true,
    "LogConnections": true,
    "LogRespawns": false,
    "LogToConsole": true

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you reload the plugin after changing the config?

7. I have restarted the server so that would reload the plugin no? I also just restarted the server 2 times and still no response from a find search on all oxide log files.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's possible that your host changed the location of the oxide folder then, so it isn't accessible to you. Should be remedied in an upcoming version of the plugin, but until then not sure what else you can do.

9. Thank you for your help I will keep digging. Dunno if its just you but this oxide community is amazing with how quick you reply. Thank you a lot man have a good evening! :D

What file do you find your console commands please? Then I can ask my host where that folder is.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which console commands?

11. So if one of my admins were to kick or ban a player in game and I was out I would want to be able to check those console commands.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not sure what you're asking. If you can't see your log, you won't see when they use them.

13. So my admin can kick me as a test just now, he kicked me.

After he kicked me I went into the files to try and file the log for that console command and cant seem to find it.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They'd all be in the same location, which you likely don't have access to.

15. But could you tell me where YOU locate console commands as they would be in the same place as me right, due to the nature the plugin saves the data. So I can ask my host where that file is?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

server/identity/oxide/logs is where all of the log files for this plugin would be. Hosts such as Multiplay often do away with the "oxide" folder though, but this plugin has that path hard-coded.

17. thank you I will ask now.

I think I have found the oxide logs folder, and in it are these txt files, is this what you see?
    output_log.txt (Jan 16 20:05:07, 62.73 KB)
    oxide_2017-01-16.txt (Jan 16 20:04:37, 607.13 KB)
    compiler_16-01-2017.txt (Jan 16 19:50:54, 662 Bytes)
    oxide_2017-01-15.txt (Jan 15 22:15:40, 22.97 KB)

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, the plugin logs to separate files.

19. So what exactly is the text file that the console commands are saved in called. Then maybe I can ask for it off multiplay? Thank for your help, again.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

logger-commands_TIMESTMAP.txt

Like I said, your host likely changed the path so you do not have access to the actual path where this saves.