Live Map [Abandoned]

Discussion in 'Plugin Support' started by Reneb, Jan 12, 2015.

1. i defiantly did

2. Well you did something wrong as the message is saying that it can't find the plugin --'

3. New Error:

Code:
    3:08 PM [Error] Failed to initialise plugin rustmap (ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.)
    3:08 PM [Debug]   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ConsoleSystem+Command].Add (System.String key, .Command value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Rust.Libraries.Command.AddConsoleCommand (System.String name, Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin plugin, System.String callbackname) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Rust.Plugins.RustMap.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

4. That's not my plugin

5. Going to ask the most stupid question :confused:. In which need to a safe place create a folder Rustmap?o_O:)

6. Didnt understand

7. Where you want to create a folder RUSTMAP to throw folder WEBSITE?

8. In your website --'

9. Looks great! Quick question. Am I right that the player map is supposed to be blank? Or did something not work right on mine?

So I have it showing the map when going to the site. When I go to the admin view, it shows the sleepers. Will it only show people who are online and not sleepers in the normal view? Just curious what the difference between each view is.

Either way, looking forward to see where this goes. Pretty cool so far!

10. Normal players Will ONLY see the map & coordinates
    Admins Will see online/sleepers (and other stuff later on)

11. Alright. Good to know that nothing was wrong then lol

12. Where exactly necessary to create her
    [​IMG]

13. That's the server, that's not à website --'
    I guess you dont have à website and then you can't use this plugin.

14. One thing I did not understand how to install "folder Website where to throw , or you want to create a folder somewhere , which would then put this folder" :(
    Or I not so do all...:(
    good plugin ;), but not the installation is not understandable for me:(
    I won't clog up the forum with questions , I will not make it:(

15. Do you know what is à website ?

16. Please make a video how you install this plugin .
    I don't understand how to install it.
    Can you help me and those who also did not understand how to install it.

17. man ... if you don't know what is a website, i can't help you ... i mean ... yeah i can't help you --'

18. I know what website:), I don't know how to properly install this plugin! --':(

19. Well then pût the Website part inside you website
    And the Plugin inside oxide/plugins/
    I mean i can't help you more then that

20. There is a difference between game server and website. Having one does not mean you have the other. I am unsure how external hosting of the game works but on my server, which I run internally on a windows OS, just because I can host the game does not mean I have a web site as well. You would need some kind of web hosting plan or a web hosting software on a computer to do this.

The lua file on the rust server will help transmit the correct data but you still need a place to host the map. That is where the website comes in.

While I have no time to go into a lot of detail, for my example I have IIS installed on the same computer I host rust on. This way, I can host the website to show the map in the same area as the actual server. If you can't do this, you might be able to get a web host and do it that way. In the config file, you would just point to the IP on your server and it will communicate with everything there.

Search for a tutorial on how to setup a website, either externally hosted or on your own computer. Once you have that, and understand what is going on with that, then better discussion can take place as without that, one side or the other is just going to get frustrated trying to explain or understand.