Live Map [Abandoned]

Discussion in 'Plugin Support' started by Reneb, Jan 12, 2015.

1. lol because the rustweb doesnt support php XD
    only html and javascript :p

2. What am I doing wrong then? Didn't the instructions say to install rustweb or was it just to get a map exported from it?

Do I need to uninstall rustweb?

3. no it's just you need a real web server, not the one generated with rustweb.

4. So I can install those webfile direct to my website then?

5. all the files in this LiveMap yes.

6. Okay I get you...

Done that but I get a blank page... http://ukwasteland.clanservers.com/rustmap/index.php

Tried option 1 and 2 in the config...

My error log:
    Code:
    [28-Jan-2015 13:23:31 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    [28-Jan-2015 13:23:37 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    [28-Jan-2015 13:23:45 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    [28-Jan-2015 13:25:09 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    [28-Jan-2015 13:25:19 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    [28-Jan-2015 13:25:24 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    [28-Jan-2015 13:27:36 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    [28-Jan-2015 13:27:38 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    [28-Jan-2015 13:28:12 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/rustmap/config.php on line 61
    Line 61 hasn't been edited:
    $imgPath["autospawn/monument/radtown/radtown_small3"] = "img/radtown3.png";

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
  7. This plugin is lacking some vital instructions. I'm running this out of a Server 2012 R2 OS, and tried to use IIS to host the site, but I can't because Rust is already using port 28015 and 28016 for the game and RCON..

Also, this comment in the config file makes zero sense:

Uhh...okay I set my rcon port to be serverport +1 in the config for the server because that's what virtually EVERY resource suggests when setting up a Rust dedicated server. The RCON port queries both as the query and RCON port or am I wrong? Even the Rusty RCON tool says that when you set the RCON port to 0 that it basically checks for the port+1. This comment is just totally confusing as hell. Do I need to set RCON port to be serverport+2 and then forward say for example 28017 to my server's internal IP? Some great clarification is needed here.

Also, is there supposed to be some specific area that you place your rustmap folder containing the site files in the Rust dedicated server directory? Because I've been trying to connect to the index.php file using my IP and server port(which is by the standard 28015)and all I get is a 404 Not Found, which I'm guessing here means that the connection to the address is successful but that it can't find the index since it's not in the correct relative location for whatever the root of the actual IP is...

Please advise.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422472147][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I get the same thing...see my above post...

8. ... i'm not a profesionnal and can't just tell you like that how to configure a IIS
    it too me 5 hours to configure mine as it was hard as fuck ...

you are probably getting the 404 Not found as you probably:
    - didnt install php
    - didnt set index.php as default index page (yes on IIS you can even say myass.html as being a default page)
    - didnt give permition to IIS to view the website folder
    - and probably many more, as i said it took me 5hours to configure my windows server IIS website to work ...

so here google is your friend not me --'.

And Rusty was made for Oxide Legacy, query port was also the rcon port. Now for experimental (or rust 2.0) they both are different.
    but i get for the moment you need to find out how to configure your IIS webserver (google.com !!! :p)

9. I just figured out that my hostname I configured from my DNS wasn't resolving, so now I can load the map, but it doesn't seem to have populated with anything. How do I update the map?

edit; nevermind, I forgot about the admin site.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  10. Well you managed to install faster then me :p

11. Nevermind, got it! This is pretty sweet.

12. Any idea about that line 61 error I posted?

13. hmmm i would say maybe you have an old php version?
    i've used 5.5 and 5.6, only thing i would see.

14. Reneb, if you keep this up to date and make things prettier you could really have something nice on your hands. I prefer this to the prettier version RustWeb simply because it's more functional. Just my opinion though!

15. My server uses 5.5 from what I can tell, but I noticed that something called register_globals is disabled...

Just ran a check, version 5.4.33.

I'll look up if there's a syntax change I can make to get this working.

16. well i'm pretty sure that RustWeb will soon be must better. so i don't think i'll update this much.

17. Okay with help from my host provider I've sort of got it working, but I get no buildings, npc's or players. I get an error saying: Wrong worldsize in config: You got 4000 when it should have been:

and that's it, it doesn't say what it should of been and my worldsize is 100% set to 4000.

I've tried option 1 and 2 in the config too.

Take a look: http://ukwasteland.clanservers.com/rustmap/index.php

18. well sadely some people can't use this plugin from both ways. clanservers (gameplay) is one of them. as they block most everything on there web host.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422484163][/DOUBLEPOST]might rewrite the plugin in full javascript if i have the faith, but again RustWeb is becoming better and better by the day, still some stuff are missing ofc, but not that much.

19. Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sstudioc/public_html/rust/inc/playersLoad.php on line 22

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sstudioc/public_html/rust/inc/npcLoad.php on line 52

20. you guys shouldnt use this anymore XD
    dcode is making his much better by the minute!
    this has become near to obselete