Live Map [Abandoned]

Discussion in 'Plugin Support' started by Reneb, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Get a code error on line 61, anyone know how to solve this? rustmapbug.png

2. 1) do you have the latest version?
    2) did you set your $key in the configs?

3. Im also getting the same error as Kjell Magne Hjelle. The error 61 pops up.
    - I do have the latest version of both rust, oxide and the plugin
    - I did set the $key in the config.

4. So I have it set up correctly. I have the player map showing but can't get any player locations or anything on the admin map. I have everything set up correctly and even tasked a web developer. And no luck. Please help.
    Http://www.nxre.ca/map

Hosting webserver through godaddy. And rust server through http://www.bluefangsolutions.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  5. Well as i said 2 main reasons:
    - wrong rcon port, you rcon port can not be the serverpory+1
    - web sockets are blocked

6. I have the correct rcon port and everything, so I have no idea what could be causing the problem. I'll see about unblocking the web sockets if that's the problem

7. Reneb updated Live Map with a new update entry:

recode

[DOUBLEPOST=1421339165][/DOUBLEPOST]btw i forgot to fix the search players so dont use it it wont work

8. Question. Can you add limit for update players positions? because we can see where they right now its danger for game :)

9. as admin? no
    as players? just deactivate it for players

10. i am not understand how its work. I am normal player open site host/rustmap and look on map.
    No players, no monument show. If i am open site with admin key i am now can see monuments and players online like admin and like normal players...
    Then every player first must connect on site with admin key ?

11. You just need to refresh, for some reason the First time you connect it doesnt load the map.
    Just refresh the page, no need to be use the admin key

12. It won't load in any players or anything. It just sits there for a long time then finally says that I got the world size wrong and that it should've been [blank]. The world size is 4000 and the image rendered is 4000, so I set the config worldsize to 4000.

13. Yes seems to happen to some people. I need to see why it's happening. I guess it's because something is blocked on your webhost.

14. I find it strange because I remember the livemap for legacy had no problem running, so I have no idea what the webhost could be blocking with this one.

15. This not work for me, why? if i am open new page on my google chrome, open my site i am look just on map. If i try push PLAYERS i got error - you need first get players data, lol?

16. Get Players, you need to click on that
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421361754][/DOUBLEPOST]well if someone VERY good in php or other web languages could help.
    Seems like file_get_contents doesn't work on unsecure targets.
    so i've even tried with curl, still doesnt work.
    On my server i have NO problem, but some other host have problems.

those people can use file_get_contents("http://www.google.fr") no problem, (curl same works)
    but when it goes to webservers requests, they get no response. (and again i do get from MY webhost)
    so i guess that some webhosts blocks unsecure targets but i've found NO way arround it.

(And yes i could use webrequests, but it's slow, it needs a mysql database, some requests are forgotten, and you can't get a LOT of data from it, etc ...)

17. what if you made a live map of just building location, monuments, and zone locations, would that eliminate the problem with the the web hosts? It looks like it is only having the problem with players and sleepers. I could be wrong but going off a whim.

18. it is a problem if any of the about change while getting requested.
    so yeah monuments wont bug
    building locations wont bug as it uses the rcon and spams it (the old way)
    but players / sleepers / npc will create this bug.
    mainly NPC

19. i had it working then you updated it and i lost both player and admin maps

20. i guess i'll put both ways then.