ImageLibrary

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,288 - First Release: Oct 29, 2016 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 36 likes
  1. My main issue is with LustyMap - It won't download the new map after the reset saying cannot connect to destination. It does the complex part, but leaves the main map incorrect.

Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host - Image Name: mapimage_high_0 - Image URL:

The URL works in my browser just fine so it's not an external host issue.

Kits give two errors too, but I'm not concerned with that.

@tricksta5 I use gameservers as well, and get the same error you are: Rust:IO> Failed to look up external IP address: Cannot connect to destination host

Though I'm fairly certain that the mods load prior to rustio ticking if you watch the console as it boots. I use rconio to watch it.

All of this started after the last patch. I've removed files, configs to no avail.

2. My server is hosted on gameserver and i have the exact same problem. I tried to copy it on my local machine and i have no issue there

3. I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like it's a game host/server issue (specifically gameservers) as mentioned by killyou. Still waiting for a response from the support ticket that I opened. Usually they get back to me within an hour, but not so fast this time. Anyone else able to get any answers from them?

4. Regarding LustyMap I ended up with downloading the map from the url it was trying to connect to and changed it to use custom map instead.

5. I thought the same thing...

6. I use gameservers as well.. I am interested to hear what they come back with, if anything...

7. Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize Kits worked differently than the other plugins in terms of image fetching.
    • I disabled sign artist, but same issue.
    • I did an update not a fresh install on both my servers.
    I'll try to find time to wipe clean. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right on this one. It's probably a good idea to wipe clean on unity updates.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1528653310][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes, I get that. I've been working with my host because I've believed it was a connectivity issue with the host. When I saw the kit/image library interaction I started questioning image library, but as it seems I was wrong based on the latest info from @k1lly0u

8. You're awesome. Thanks!!!

9. Very wise indeed! Thanks. I'll try that.

10. i use gameservers as well so please let me know what they say to do. Maybe it is a host problem.

11. It's not a host problem.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1528658504][/DOUBLEPOST]I can also confirm:

All plugins are working without ImageLibrary on the server. OnScreenLogo, security camera's, SilArtist, etc etc. And it's not with GameServers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  12. How about ServerRewards?

13. We're not using ServerRewards, but I'm positive it would work if you remove ImageLibrary, unless it totally relies on that mod to pull images from external sources.

14. ServerRewards completely relies on ImageLibrary and in my server you use server rewards to buy everything so this is extremely annoying. ImageLibrary is S U P E R B R O K E N

15. Bad or Good news guys... I have just tried another Host - GameServerKings and everything worked flawlessly... I knew since KillYou is very good and told us the issue was in our end that He was right!... ImageLibrary loaded, no error or anything, all other plugins working fine and loading images.

Now GameServers is very irresponsible about tickets... They might take even a day to answer... while we have a direct chat window to support guys at GameServerKings they're not as stable as GameServers... All too annoying!

Well it's case solved to me... gonna wait on my host response!

16. might just owe lord killyou a big fat apollogy /:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated ImageLibrary with a new update entry:

18. Finally got a response back from gameservers, and it just said "we apologize for the inconvenience. Adjustments have been made, and server has been restarted. Please let me know if you are still having issues" checked my rcon and still getting this "Rust:IO> Failed to look up external IP address: Cannot connect to destination host
    Calling 'OnTick' on 'RustIO v2.15.0' took average 8827ms" so waiting again for another response.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That wouldn't be related to this plugin, that's your server not being able to connect to whatever site Rust:IO is using for the IP address check.

20. That's what I was thinking too, sorry for posting it here @Wulf. I was just letting the other guys on here that are using gameservers know, that it's most likely an issue on the hosts end. Unless (since I haven't tested the update for IL) is it possible to be caused from Rust:I0?