ImageLibrary

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,288 - First Release: Oct 29, 2016 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 36 likes
  1. Yeah ImageLibrary needs to be fixed, so any plugin that relies on it is going to be impacted as well.. Let's give k1lly0u some time to fix it =)

2. How do you do that? I've seen it around but never tried... I couldn't tell what part of the config I should change to do it!

3. in the kits.json file in the config folder
    Change the 0 to a 1
    {
    "NPC - GUI Kits": {
    "0": {
    "description": "Welcome on this server! Here is a list of free kits that you can get.<color=green>Enjoy your stay</color>",
    "kits": [
    "starter",
    "rookie",
    "builder"
    ]

to this

{
    "NPC - GUI Kits": {
    "1": {
    "description": "Welcome on this server! Here is a list of free kits that you can get.<color=green>Enjoy your stay</color>",
    "kits": [
    "starter",
    "rookie",
    "builder"
    ]

4. Just disables the GUI, however I cannot redeem my kit either way....

5. I was getting the same issue with kits with the frozen blank gui screen. this plugin was also causing rpc addui errors, which was kicking players from my server. I have since removed it, and kits are working fine now and players are no longer getting kicked. I also removed rustnet, automatedsearchlights, securitycameras and skipnight plugins (since they wouldn't load properly without imagelibrary) any word on a fix for this issue?

6. Nice removed all that too... let's see!

7. Any items that are missing need to be reported as the default icons for every item is added to the plugin manually

Its not a error with this plugin, there appears to be a issue for some people with the new version of unity and web requests. The only solution at this stage is to keep reloading the plugins that are requesting the images until all images have been downloaded

To fix Kits in ServerRewards you need to disable the "Show Kit Contents" config option. The hook to get kit contents was removed in the last Kits update for some reason and you will need to contact the author to get him to replace it

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that this plugin was causing AddUI RPC errors when it doesn't even generate any UI

8. I've reloaded ServerRewards and got this list":

(17:49:08) | [ImageLibrary] Starting order ServerRewards
    (17:49:08) | Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host - Image Name: pistol.m92_0 - Image URL: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/play-rust/images/4/43/M92_Pistol_icon.png
    (17:49:08) | Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host - Image Name: pistol.python_1296687971 - Image URL: http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.playrust.com/icons/inventory/rust/26402_small.png?2142447712
    (17:49:08) | Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host - Image Name: rocket.launcher_853494512 - Image URL: http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.playrust.com/icons/inventory/rust/21115_small.png?1933357541

CONTINUES ON THE ATTACHED FILE...

(17:49:10) | Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host - Image Name: door.hinged.toptier_811761142 - Image URL: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....296/70A5DDBC714D350609A0E5EF4EADD2804E6652B4/
    (17:49:10) | Image batch (ServerRewards) has been stored successfully

It works but no image loads... I've seen servers that made it work somehow... I just don't know what's going on this time! Everything was running smoothly before the game update!

Attached Files:

9. Console Commands
    workshopimages - Retrieve's and store all workshop skin icon URLs. Will also download all the workshop icons to file storage f the config option "Images - Only download image's when required" is set to true

refreshallimages - Retrieve's and stores all item icon URLs (include's workshop images). Will also download every icon to file storage if the config option "Images - Only download image's when required" is set to true

10. Idk, but I was getting the "image failed to download cannot connect to destination host <steamid>" in rcon before the kicks. It was also kicking me with the same error. So I'm thinking it might have something to do with the player avatars or something. I did try turning the option to "false" in the cfg. (To no success) I'm only assuming it's related to this plugin, because after I uninstalled it. Everything worked just fine (even kits) so it is very possible that this plugin is clashing with another. I love all your plugins, and have many of the premium ones you offer. Was just wondering if you had any idea what it could be?

11. I've just set up a test server and kits works perfectly, as soon as I add Imagelibary all hell breaks loose getting errors about
    Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host - Image Name: pistol.python_1296687971 - Image URL: http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.playrust.com/icons/inventory/rust/26402_small.png?2142447712
    and now kits just shows a blank screen with no buttons, I had to remove kits to get rid of the screen. I removed ImageLibrary and no errors now and kits are working again.
    and also SignArtist works perfectly without ImageLibrary, as soon as ImageLibrary is on it cannot get the image.
    There is something wrong with ImageLibrary

12. Seeing that the error about connecting to host comes from your server failing to connect to the web host, which has nothing to do with this plugin, and there is no correlation between ImageLibrary and SignArtist what so ever how you have come to the conclusion that ImageLibrary is breaking everything is beyond me.
    For shits and giggles I just tried Kits and SignArtist myself with ImageLibrary installed and no problems...
    29e81a257a21991c6f3c9465eb757066.jpg 294701967d701ef2d13a0d07a3ecb519-jpg.jpg cf43c847637cca716d4e3730cdc86843.png

13. then its down to mine and others hosting providers and my isp as the test server was on my machine here

14. I thought editing a sign or anything that modified signs access ImageLibrary too. @k1lly0u At least that's what it sounded like in your PlayerSkins update

"Importing every skin will significantly impact your servers performance which will be most noticeable when anything accesses the image database such as when a player edits a sign"

Is the image database and image library not related? Just curious...

15. So all day i havent been able to use SignArtist or Kits right, low and behold i remove image library and i can use kits and sign artists no problem. I noticed whenever i had image library installed, server rewards was not downloading images at all and i had to reset my npcs with /srnpc loot every single time. ive never had to do that before the update, this update broke ImageLibrary, please help us dude. Obviously its multiple people having the same problem and were all reporting to you that removing image library is fixing our Kits and SignArtist. Im no longer getting a cannot connect to host to download image error, which means this is a plugin issue not a server or client issue. Im not assuming anything here im just stating facts. Please update plugin somehow so everything works nice and smooth again Mr. k1lly0u.... its not working and weve confirmed this for you now.

16. Kits doesn't work for me. I disable ImageLibrary and it works fine. Images and all. This seems like a plugin issue. If it's not I'll be surprised.

Been spending my day trying to figure this out because I can't even load Steam avatars when players join. I've reloaded the plugins 3-4 dozen times as you suggested to have them load one at a time, but there's no change that I can see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  17. Images stored via this plugin are saved in the same Rust database as signs. I was saying importing 40000 workshop skins via PlayerSkins causes issues when players edit signs because the database is so large it lags when accessing it which is why I removed all workshop skins by default in PlayerSkins

It works fine without ImageLibrary because it uses the URL method the have the client get the images from the internet vs from the server. Being that ImageLibrary is purely a database of files a proper implementation would never cause another plugin to break so perhaps you should question why Kits is allowing invalid UI to be sent to players in the first place

I'm not saying I don't believe you that you are having issues, but I am not. First of all I can't fix something that I can't reproduce, and second the error you keep reporting has absolutely nothing to do with the plugin itself. On top of that there is quite literally nothing tying SignArtist to ImageLibrary, they are 2 completely separate plugins that do their own things.

Here's some questions;
    Have any of you tried removing SignArtist and only tried using ImageLibrary?
    How did you update your server? I did a fresh install so if you didn't perhaps you could have issues with mixed files from the previous version of Unity

18. @k1lly0u I did notice that IL is doing (at least on my server) "Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host..." on the steam avatars when players join the server (they still work though), anything that I can do to prevent it or something else that's causing it?

19. Fresh Install here.. I only install one plugin a a time and always make sure its working before adding a new one.. dude, we got 5 servers right here the same error only u are good to go...

20. Question for everyone else getting the "cannot connect to destination host" errors. What server hosts are you guys using? And when you start your server, are you getting this error for rusti0 as well? "Rust:IO> Failed to look up external IP address: Cannot connect to destination host" I just noticed I'm getting this error, even with NO plugins installed and just the "mods" that are provided from my server hosts game panel. Btw I'm using gameservers, and have just opened a ticket with them as well.