1. thank you guys so much:)

2. I am running a gameservers.com RoK server. I am new to installing mods and such. I have read all the posts in this thread and it still seems unclear to me. How exactly is the best way to install Oxide for my server?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

4. Hey I know you're out of your mind after trying to explain this to everyone all the time- but..

I have extracted/merged/and overwritten the files when placing all the Oxide files right into my RoK Server directory- then I have run the server.

Yet no Oxide files have been created. I go into the saves folder, but there is no saves/oxide/plugins to be found. Only the original RoK saves appear.

I would appreciate it greatly if you would be willing to help me through this :)

Thanks in advance

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If folders aren't created, most likely Oxide is not installed. If your hosting locally, make sure you replace all files, including Assembly-CSharp.dll. If using a paid host, make sure you have full access, as it's possible you aren't uploading all files.

6. First off, thank you so very much for the unbelievably quick response.

Second is I am hosting locally.

I literally dragged the oxide 2.0 files out of the zip and right into my server directory, and said yes to overwriting/replacing when prompted. Including Assembly-CSharp.dll.

Do I need to install Oxide in some other manner first? Like running the compiler? (When I do the .bat just flashes and goes away)

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If your console never shows, the your startup script is wrong. Make sure the location to RustDedicated is correct in relation to where the script is located.

8. And which file do I need to edit in order for the location to be corrected?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
  9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your .bat script.

10. Thing is I have been using the "Server.exe" which is included in the RoK directory, which has worked fine for vanilla hosting- Should I then create an alternate .bat to start my server in order for it to work with Oxide?

Sorry for the noob factor.

This is the line in my .bat

"start "" ROK.exe -batchmode -nographics"

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Using Server.exe directly would be fine, no .bat should be used with that. If using a .bat, use ROK.exe instead with it.

12. Thanks :)

So to sum up (sorry for repeating myself)
    -----
    1. I have already made the server- and it works vanilla using server.exe

2. I copied all Oxide files, pasted into server directory and have overwritten when prompted.

3. I started server.exe (even joined game and left) and no oxide files have appeared.
    -----

My last question is (I bet you're tired now, sorry)

How can I get my server to recognize the Oxide files in the directory and create the necessary folders, when using server.exe. As so far it just starts the server and ignores the newly added Oxide files.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide is started automatically regardless of how you start the server, granted that Assembly-CSharp.dll was replaced with the patched one from Oxide.

14. Strange. I am certain that Assembly-CSharp.dll was replaced. Yet no Oxide plugin folder has been created.

I copied the Reign of Kings folder and pasted to another location to test it out safely away from the original folder- could this be interfering with the folder creation?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434558372][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Problem solved, I can't believe how small the error was.
    It was exactly because I moved the file to test it elsewhere (in case of a bugger up, ironically.)

I moved the oxide files into the directory whilst leaving the directory in my steam folders- worked straight away.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for your time!

15. this confusing me how do i add oxide?

16. It was because I was missing steamCMD. Install that if you are having the same trouble with it not extracting.

Another (more tiresome way) of doing it without steamCMD is:

1. First make backup of RoK game folder.
    2. Then install oxide in your Steam \common RoK-game folder.
    3. Now copy the Steam folder where you installed Oxide to another location.
    4. Replace RoK folder in steam common with the backup RoK folder.
    5. Start server from the folder where you installed Oxide.
    6. Start game from the steam \common files RoK folder- which you pasted in after backing up!

Oh and remember to edit the path in ConsoleSettings.cfg (in the oxide modded RoK Folder) to the ROK.exe in the same folder that Oxide is installed to.
    That is if you already ran the server without Oxide.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

PS. ConsoleSettings.cfg will change regardless if Oxide is installed or not. RoK sets it to where you installed it.

18. Hello,

i intall the Announcer.cs into the /oxide/saves/plugin folder. The .json is into the config folder. The plugin was running great. But now the file dont work anymore. I updated oxide allready and deinstall and install the announcer but still dont work. Do you have a other idea?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please post in the support thread for Announcer.