EntityOwner

Moved

Total Downloads: 7,292 - First Release: Jul 23, 2015 - Last Update: Dec 8, 2017

5/5, 25 likes
  1. i did notice prod2 does seem to lag a bit when its a big base

2. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

This is managed by the primary EntityOwner data file which keeps track of "KnownPlayers". Only KnownPlayers are loaded, which means that if you want to give your server some relief or reduce the performance cost, you can just clear this file or remove players who are no longer active. I'll be improving support for this kind of thing in the future.

3. so hmmm ...
    if you restart the server, and prod a structure you won't get any prods working?
    or do you maybe instantiate them via online players & sleepers & dead players list ?

4. Calytic

If you wiped the primary EntityOwner data file that contains KnownPlayers, yes. Prod will not work for any structures until the player logs in again to re-add them to the KnownPlayers list. Deleting the primary EntityOwner data file will not delete the ownership data, only the reference to it until the player logs back in.

5. anyway to stop the pord2 from causing a lag spike at all i noticed it does do that when u try prod a big building the old prod never use to do that
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437716123][/DOUBLEPOST]i think there might be a glitch atm every so often poeple on my server are getting building blocked in places with no tool cupboards and some players have been auto getting authorized on other cupboards then onyl way to fix it is for them to suicide or be killed

6. Calytic

Calytic updated EntityOwner with a new update entry:

Fixes and more options

7. since i updated plugin and reset server tp plugin is not detecting the ownership anymore it was working before i did the updateu did before
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437724257][/DOUBLEPOST]is there somethign new i need to change in the teleport thing again so we can sethome

8. Calytic

Read the update entry

To remedy this, use /own block "Player.displayName"

Example: /own block "[Admin] Calytic"

9. it seems atm when someone tprs from base to someone on the ground they get stuck on building privliegs and they can build on everyojne elses tool cupboards and remove other peoples base parts

10. Calytic

Have you reloaded your versions of m-Teleportation, RemoverTool?

Buildings without owners will let anyone remove them until ownership is restored with /own

11. what is happening is somoenes tps from their base to middle of no where to someone its showing up building privilege even with no tool cupboards in sight and then they can just walk up to anyones base and start removing stuff cause its always showing build priv after tping to someone
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437725666][/DOUBLEPOST]people are either getting building blocked everywhere even though there are no tool cupboards around or build priv its only happened since todays update i removed alln the old data filed and i wiped the server as well today in the morning i removed building owners as well
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437726363][/DOUBLEPOST]im gettinb buildingblocked everywhere on the map half the time atm as well then i have to kill my self to get it back to normal
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437727045][/DOUBLEPOST]can someone please help me because half my server can either cant build now or can build anywhere on the map its only since from the rust update today something is happening not happening to everyone but starting to happen to random people im owner and i cant build anywhere now even after killing my self i just tried server restart before i dont have zone manager on or anything

12. This is an issue with rust. I moved back to BuildingOwners plugin and it is also happening. Looks to be issue with Rust itself

13. it sucks its effecting alot of players makes it so hard to run a server with over 50 people on
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437741047,1437731933][/DOUBLEPOST]is there a way to bypass when it says exceeded entity limit when changing ownership to someone

14. Probably just my ocd - but could this put all it's files in a folder to keep "data" manageable?

15. Calytic

Check the documentation

16. Calytic

This is a Rust bug unrelated to the EntityOwner plugin. I have experienced this before and it usually fixes after a server wipe.

17. I was afraid yes.

later on.
    i remove 1 cupboard from a player everything is working again ??

and later on again http://prntscr.com/7whh6r

I'm trying to fix without erasing.
    1 or more cupboard activated from a player and then it dissolved.
    but the bug is still there in the server.
    to get it right is indeed wipe required.

but I love this plugin.

27-7-15 After the game update, and oxide, no more problems

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  18. is there a way to fix entity limit exceeded when trying to change ownership of a base to someone

19. Calytic

Calytic updated EntityOwner with a new update entry: