EnhancedBanSystem

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,114 - First Release: Jun 6, 2016 - Last Update: Feb 24, 2018

5/5, 18 likes
  1. So I did everything installed the plugin configured the database and everything and when I reload the plugin it says this

[EnhancedBanSystem] You must enable at least one Ban System to use this plugin!

How do I fix this?

2. Issue with discord webhook, correctly setup in config with it set to true and a valid webhook url added. Getting error "DiscordMessages enabled but it isn't setup correctly."

3. Get this on both my servers.

Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'EnhancedBanSystem v5.2.1' (
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.PlayerDatabase_Load () [0x00000] in <filena
    me unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.OnServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filena
    me unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.
    Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod meth
    od, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[]
     args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] arg
    s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

4. same here

5. i dont really know how but already 3 people were able to bypass the ban and i had to ban them with the server command, anyone knows if its possible to bypass this bans somehow and how to fix them.
    i dont remember the name of one of them as it was a long time ago but today ignamodzz and ashort were able to somehow bypass the ban
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518673345][/DOUBLEPOST]Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'EnhancedBanSystem v5.2.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.PlayerDatabase_Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.OnServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    forgot to add, this message is sent to me on the console all the time

Attached Files:

6. EnhancedBanSystem does not read the Ban from the file bans.cfg WHY ? it adds to its database which creates a file and there only blocks that is not very convenient, as you can make it read bans from bans.cfg the version of the plugin EnhancedBanSystem v5.2.1

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2018
  7. It's because using the default bans file does not allow it to block ban evaders in the same way that using player data base does. Simply reban everyone from your default ban file. Occasionally still update that ban file from the database by copying and pasting the IDs so that the bans are still in-place when there is game updates and that oxide hasn't been updated yet. When this happens your server will temporarily revert back to the default ban file.

All-in-all this plugin's method is much much more convenient and effective in every way.... assuming you have it properly configured.. as I have yet to see a ban evader get through since I began using it and keeping VPN Blocker installed.

8. Slut updated Enhanced Ban System with a new update entry:

9. Oh... That is a bad design.

@Slut Just a follow up to my issue on the repo. But I still got the error again after your fix. But instead of reporting it again I looked through the code based off of the error stack. And I found that "EnhancedBanSystem_IPs.json" had been renamed to "EnhancedBanSystem_IPs.json.<insert uft8 characters here> So yea.. I copied to contents of the file and deleted it and created a new one. Now it loads perfectly fine. Sorry about the trouble. Apparently, the last HDD issue I had caused it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2018
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not by design, it's a hacky workaround to make something work. :p

11. Someone please help
    Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'EnhancedBanSystem v5.2.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
     at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.PlayerDatabase_Load () [0x00000] in :0 
    at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.OnServerInitialized () [0x00000] in :0 
    at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
    @Slut sorry but its ruining my ban system and I tried it all, you have any ideas? error code ^

@Wulf The dev is busy I guess you mind shedding light on this error? ^ I have the right version I just reinstalled.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2018
  12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like an issue loading the PlayerDatabase plugin support. Unsure why right now though.

13. So would I have to ask them or? What should I do?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1522814859][/DOUBLEPOST]@Wulf Saw this error if it helps

MySql handle raised an exception (Exception: Connection is null) at Oxide.Core.MySql.Libraries.MySql+MySqlQuery.Handle () [0x00000] in :0

MySql handle raised an exception (Exception: Connection is null) at Oxide.Core.MySql.Libraries.MySql+MySqlQuery.Handle () [0x00000] in :0

14. I'll have a look at the PlayerDatabase issue soon, that MySQL issue would simply be user error.

15. I have a question: I did not ban anyone, but players sometimes get a ban with log in datafile:
    Code:
    {\"id\":2479,\"steamid\":\"76561198404988073\",\"ip\":\"62.183.116.175\",\"name\":\"Skillfom aka macros\",\"game\":\"Rust\",\"server\":\"1.1.1.1:28015\",\"source\":\"Server Console\",\"date\":1523722943.9046876,\"expire\":0.0,\"reason\":\"Cheat Detected!\",\"platform\":\"Steam\"}
    I do not have any plugins for anti-cheat, and if it's a server's eac, then he does not have a vac or game ban, it's not evade, but how did he get the ban?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2018
  16. These bans are automatic from the anticheat.

17. but he doesn't have a ban

18. Even if it doesn't show on the profile it's still a ban from the anticheat.