Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Email API with a new update entry:

Cleaned up and overhauled a bit

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

3. I can't seem to get this working :/

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you can provide details, I'm sure I can help.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Email API with a new update entry:

Fixed config being set as global

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

8. Hi. I'm getting the following error:
    Code:
    [Oxide] 8:35 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'EmailMessage' on plugin 'Email API'
    File: EmailAPI.lua Line: 52 attempt to concatenate local 'message' (a nil value):
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    I'm using madmimi.

9. I am using madmimi and getting Email failed to Send! errors.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What other plugin are you using it with? I may need to add a nil check, but the other plugin should also not call the API if it doesn't have valid args.

Set debug to true in the plugin itself and see what the actual errors are.

11. Is there a way to use your own smtp server ? or could that be future plans ? or is something holding you back from actually scripting it ?
    thanks in advance

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Plugins don't have access to that as far as I know, so it's not something that could be done at this time. The only way you could do it is if you send it to your webserver, then have your webserver handle the message from there.

13. Using madmimi
    [Oxide] 3:10 AM [Info] [Email API] HTTP code: 403
    [Oxide] 3:10 AM [Info] [Email API] Email failed to send!
    [Oxide] 3:10 AM [Info] [Email API] Please enable the Mailer API on your account

Nevermind found it on the following page
    Sign In To Your Mad Mimi Account : Create, send, & track emails with Mad Mimi

i still think you need to pay for this service
    Code:
    Mailer API Go set it up →
    InstalledDeactivate
    Mailer_api
    Sending transactional emails can be a hassle, and it's too easy to get your IPs blacklisted in every major network. With the Mailer API, you can send welcome letters, password resets, account activations, purchase orders and more, and let us take the pain out of it. Starts at only $10 a month when you upgrade to a Pro account. Check out our developer documentation and hit the Mimi geeks up on the Google Group.
    Moved on to the next one of interest mandrill
    gives me the error
    Code:
    [Oxide] 3:35 AM [Info] [Email API] HTTP code: 500
    [Oxide] 3:35 AM [Info] [Email API] Email failed to send!
    [Oxide] 3:35 AM [Info] [Email API] {"status":"error","code":-1,"name":"Validatio

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
  14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I linked the free plan signup for Mad Mini on this plugin's Overview. It is only free if you are using that plan.

For Mandrill, I'd need to see the full error from your log, but it sounds like the API might have changed a bit. I'll test and see.

15. I can't seem to get this to work :) Can anyone give me a hand.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which provider are you trying to use? What issue are you currently having?

17. using this with the ticket system - I'm just not receiving the mail, I tried Elastic and Mimi set up as I should but I'm probably missing a setting on their website to direct it to my email, do I need to run an r.con command ? or does it just work when I send a ticket?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No commands, it sends using the plugin's API and the configuration you provided. Your config is probably missing a setting, so if you could provide that to me via PM (I'll message you), I can test it and let you know what's wrong with it.

19. ok bud let me know

20. can we have it send to 2 diffrent emails?