Email API

Moved

Total Downloads: 644 - First Release: Nov 2, 2014 - Last Update: Jun 27, 2015

5/5, 3 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf submitted a new resource:

Email API - API for sending email messages via supported transactional email services

Read more about this resource...

2. Gmail???

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Gmail's API isn't that simple to implement with webrequests.

4. You could always create a php page that uses the gmail api and send the webrequest to that? This would however require them to be able to host the php page to be able to use it though, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem for the most :p

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yup, I'd prefer integrated. Gmail has an incredibly low daily sending limit too when used as an SMTP server, so there would be much point in it.

6. (what is this even for?) sorry I don't get the purpose can anyone explain what it would be used for?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's for plugins to utilize for sending email via supported services, ex. alerts when something happens in-game, reporting, etc.

8. Thank you for the explanation.

9. yeah you could set it up so if a player's house gets raided he could get email

10. That's cool I'll have to look into that
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415389770,1415377105][/DOUBLEPOST]Supported Plugins
    See the FAQ page for a list of plugins that currently support Email API.

seems to be a dead link

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not dead, it just doesn't exist yet.

12. ah ok lol

13. Would love to see a plugin that allows users to send an email via command // reporting hackers and whatnot :).

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Email API with a new update entry:

Switched to HTML for email messsages

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

17. is this compat with latest build? thank you

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There isn't really anything to break, so yes.

19. not sure if apis have changed on the other two, but elasticmail is the only one that would work for me. i've reloaded a million times after edits, i've changed every setting in config and generated so many API keys. Nothing would work. I would get 400 error from sendgrid and 500 error from mandrill. nothing would change this result. just my experience.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I haven't checked them recently, but the API in their Docs doesn't appear to have changed. I'll be testing them all again soon though.