1. I just updated, but unfortunately it isn't fixed yet. I don't know if Oxide would have to update at all following this? It should only be a client side fix right?

2. How do i update the client only? Last night i had to reinstall the whole server because my server didn't update? My server is hosted at my.gameservers? (Sorry for the noob question, new admin here)

3. When a weekly update hits it's usualy a Server & Client update. They first deploy the server update so as a server owner you can download it and install it before the client update hits. Once FacePunch has update all their official servers they deploy the client update.

If you client version is different from the server version you can not join the server.
    However, sometimes they can deploy small client-side only patches that don't require a server update.

If your server is hosted by gameservers and it's a managed server, you can not do this update manually and gameservers do it for you (usually a lot slower than unmanaged servers because they have multiple customers). If you had to reinstall the whole server something must have went wrong, it's best to contact your server provider or host the Rust server yourself (unmanaged or dedicated), that way you have full control of the update process.

4. I have the same problem. Every plugin doesn't work. Not only kits and infopanel. Betterchat also doesnt work.
    Host: gameservers.com
    So.. I installed update mode. Server was updated, gametracker got info about server. But plugins dont work. Also I can not connect to web.rcon.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1492169439][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, i reinstalled OXIDE and plugins are working now (besides GUI plugins).
    But i still cant connect to web rcon on RCON:IO Why?

5. Some advice from me: DON'T use gameservers it gives bad support, VPS (not dedicated) and it takes ages for them to update. You are better off with an own dedicated server.

6. Have the same problem... Anything that has a graphical display is not displayed. (Info panel, kit, vanishghost, etc ...) plugins current and oxide also. The plugins work but are not displayed graphically

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, they won't work until Rust fixes it.

8. OK. So that means well wait ^ ^ thx for reply Wulf

9. damnit, just spent like 2 hours making new quests before the update too :p

10. its only funny that no one read this Thread and that wulf is forced to keep mentioning this over and over again xD

11. Yes, they won't work until Rust fixes it.

-Wulf

12. Wulf you are a saint for even replying to people asking the same fucking question over and over without reading the thread...

13. Already posted this on reddit, let's see if they do anything about it.

I don't know actually if they renamed the GUI parents yet or removed them completely by accident, but that's the reason behind this. There's no valid parent anymore to attach your GUI to.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They actually just pushed a client update with this and other fixes.

15. Do we need to update the servers and or oxide for that or just the client?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

As far as I know it's only a client update.

17. Oh yeah, didn't see that update.

Let me hop on my server real quick, gonna confirm in a second if it's working now or not.

EDIT: GUI Menus seem to work after the recent ~100mb client patch. No server restart is needed.

EDIT 2: If you enabled CursorEnabled in your GUI, it becomes buggy until you open your inventory. It's always trying to center the mouse.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  18. i dunno but Cursor and collors are strange
    i got 1 simple plugin called simple logo show picture in game
    and that picture is red and now pink

19. Does anyone know if this update that just dropped is for a fix?

20. the last update was for a fix then then patch a workshop update but that night patch still screw up most GUI Plugins so i dont recommend patching the rust thats what i recommend my players if they still wanna play my servers that they disable Auto Updates till i can confirm the GUI work as they should again.