ConnectMessages

Moved

Total Downloads: 5,241 - First Release: Oct 20, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 10, 2017

5/5, 19 likes
  1. weird because useing oxide.reload ConnectMessages schould be worken
    Well I guess the plugin as to be updated then

2. Plugin is fine. Reloads for me without issues.

3. What does ShowAdminMessages do exactly?

4. if an admin connects or disconnects and this setting is false, then their connect message won't broadcast to the server.

5. First you need to convert the JSON to Unicode. This can be done simply by saving the file with "SAVE AS" and then changing the encoding to uni. Note this does not change the extension, simply the encoding the json is saved in. After that, you go to START (the windows symbol on lower left hand portion of the taskbar) > WINDOWS SYSTEM > CONTROL PANEL

Then you click on "fonts" and on the left hand side you will see "find a character"

All of the symbols there are accepted as far as I know, no need to change the font style. Find the symbol you want and copy and paste it into the JSON (again, after you've already converted it to unicode with the above steps).

Alternatively you can also google for the unicode symbols you want to use as you will find a few that way that aren't in the windows font symbol list. Approximately 50% of the symbols you find that way will work in-game, others will not. It takes some trial and error.

6. Code:
    (11:28:29) | Failed to call hook 'OnUserConnected' on plugin 'ConnectMessages v1.1.9' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at BasePlayer.SendConsoleCommand (System.String command, System.Object[] obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Player.Message (.BasePlayer player, System.String message, System.String prefix, UInt64 userId, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message, System.String prefix, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.Broadcast (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.OnUserConnected (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

7. Hey, thanks for explaining ive tried to download the json file and save as a uni file but on my save list uni isnt an option for me, do i have to download a program or something to be able to save as a unicode file?

8. Hi, There are no connect and disconnect messages anymore.

9. I can confirm that ... have the same problem...

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

For which game? Which Oxide versions? Which plugin version? Details when reporting please.

11. This is the latest version I'm testing. On connect somewhat works except the Country and cannot confirm if the disconnect works.
    1JyF8C1.png

12. Same problem here, no problems with noting players joining and leaving except i dont get "from"
    Just get "player" has connected and
    "player" has disconnected (Disconnected)
    All settings set to true in config

13. Code:
    19:16 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserConnected' on plugin 'ConnectMessages v1.1.9' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at BasePlayer.SendConsoleCommand (System.String command, System.Object[] obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Player.Message (.BasePlayer player, System.String message, System.String prefix, UInt64 userId, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message, System.String prefix, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.Broadcast (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.OnUserConnected (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2018
  14. same problem...

15. "ShowAdminMessages": false doesn't seem to be working. Still shows connect message for admins

16. Can you add colors?

17. When people connect to the server it won't display their country anymore on the latest build of oxide and rust. Any idea how I could fix this?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you aren't on the latest Oxide build.

19. This is the error i get

(23:31:20) | [Oxide] 00:31 [Info] [ConnectMessages] WebRequest to http://ip-api.com/json/ failed, sending connect message without the country.