ConnectMessages

Moved

Total Downloads: 5,241 - First Release: Oct 20, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 10, 2017

5/5, 19 likes
  1. Spicy submitted a new resource:

ConnectMessages - Provides connect and disconnect messages.

Read more about this resource...

2. In Hurtworld it duplicates the join/disconnect message means it post the orginal join message and then the plugin message. I had a different plugin before that handelt the messages but it does the same thing since the last 2 hurtworld updates. I didn't found a workaround so far to disable the Hurtworld orginal messages. Like this its kinda pointless to use the plugin in Hurtworld.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

@Spicy, you'd need to disable Hurtworld's defaults using it's config setting.

4. Spicy updated ConnectMessages with a new update entry:

5. i have some error in logs, but plugin work good
    Code:
    19:38 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserDisconnected' on plugin 'ConnectMessages v1.0.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    19:38 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.OnUserDisconnected (IPlayer player, System.String reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not really an issue with the plugin, more of an issue with Oxide and the hook being a little too late maybe.

7. Plugin show player disconnected info when server is full and he try join
    (Server with slots reserved)

8. hi! Can you add the country? connected from {country}. Thanks!

9. Spicy updated ConnectMessages with a new update entry:

10. @Spicy
    I got this error shows up when I'm uploading the plugin
    Code:
    [Oxide] 16:15 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserDisconnected' on plugin 'ConnectMessages v1.0.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

11. How can I add color to the name and/or country? I've tried different things... Below is 1 line taken from the config as example.

Code:
      "ConnectMessageCountry": "[#silver]Our beloved friend [#orange]{0}[/#] has connected from [#orange]{1}[/#]",

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What do you see now after reloading the plugin?

13. You need to use Rust's colouring system, <color=blue>text</color>. I haven't implemented the universal formatting system.

14. Thank you very much for the reply, it works now! :D

@Wulf: It just displayed the coding ingame, an exact copy of what I've typed in the plugin' cfg

15. Does this plugin work with rust? I have loaded the plugin and get no errors. However upon login there are no connection messages to users

NVM: Another plugin was blocking it. It works perfectly. Thank you for the great plugin. This is exactly what I was looking for. Something light and easy to use.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
  16. i have error's

Code:
    09:34 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserDisconnected' on plugin 'ConnectMessages v1.1.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    09:34 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.OnUserDisconnected (IPlayer player, System.String reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which game?

18. Hurtworld

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's an issue with the hook in Oxide with the player not being available sometimes, not from this plugin.

20. You can to fix it?

(I have no other utility )