ConnectMessages

Moved

Total Downloads: 5,241 - First Release: Oct 20, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 10, 2017

5/5, 19 likes
  1. hi been have that too:

Code:
    WebRequest to http://ip-api.com/json/ failed, sending connect message without the country.
    Web request callback raised an exception (JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: A. Path '', line 0, position 0.)
    (16:38:03) | at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JsonLoadSettings settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse (System.String json, Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JsonLoadSettings settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Notifier.WebRequestFilter (Int32 code, System.String response, .BasePlayer player, Boolean joined) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Notifier+<InitializePlayer>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 code, System.String response) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.WebRequests+WebRequest.<OnComplete>b__42_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2. can somone do a text for me so when a players join it will be in cyan color =)

3. This error is caused by the API going offline. Nothing to do with the plugin. If you can suggest a better API, please do so.

4. Hi,
    Sorry for that question, but what is the "ShowAdminMessages" option for ?

5. True will display the message also when admins join the server. Setting to false will enable the admin to join or leave without anybody being notified in chat.

6. It's possible, where a player is connected, show the message in the log files too ?

I see the message on the chat IG but i don't see messages on log files :(

7. I am having a "new" problem with this plugin, I am now getting a duplicate message in "default white" when an admin joins, so i get "name" is now online (or offline) " as well as "name from * has connected" in the colour i have chosen,
    if i set the showadminmessage to false it does not show the admin (as a player) joining the server which defeats their anonymity

I originally thought that this was caused by another plugin but i dont have another one that deals with connect messages
    I have now attached a screenshot showing the extra message and my lang json text file which shows config *note (T2A) zyberHD it shows how to change colour of messages

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017
  8. UPDATE PLEASE
    Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnUserDisconnected' on plugin 'ConnectMessages v1.1.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which game?

10. Hurtworld Legacy

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That'd be an issue with the hook that'd we'd need to fix in Oxide most likely.

12. When can you fix it?

13. any hints on how to resolve my problem (above) ?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Since the messages are different, then the others are likely from a different plugin. Quickest way to reset is to remove them, else search all plugins using Notepad++ or similar tool for the other message.

15. Code:
    20:16 [Stacktrace]   at BasePlayer.SendConsoleCommand (System.String command, System.Object[] obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Player.Message (.BasePlayer player, System.String message, System.String prefix, UInt64 userId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.Broadcast (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages+<OnUserConnected>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 code, System.String response) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.WebRequests+WebRequest.<OnComplete>b__42_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
  16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you provide the full log please?

17. That's all i got from the log

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's only the bottom part of the error, check your oxide/logs for the full error.

19. Code:
    20:06 [Error] Web request callback raised an exception (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    20:06 [Stacktrace]   at BasePlayer.SendConsoleCommand (System.String command, System.Object[] obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Player.Message (.BasePlayer player, System.String message, System.String prefix, UInt64 userId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages.Broadcast (System.String key, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.ConnectMessages+<OnUserConnected>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 code, System.String response) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0