Building Blocker

Fully prevents building in the building blocked zone. Fixes the "Devblog 158 of 4th may"

Total Downloads: 5,870 - First Release: May 4, 2017 - Last Update: Sep 29, 2017

5/5, 48 likes
  1. Code:
    (18:12:45) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'BuildingBlocker v2.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (18:12:45) | at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.Refund (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.OnEntityBuilt (.Planner planner, UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (18:12:45) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'BuildingBlocker v2.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (18:12:45) | at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.Refund (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.OnEntityBuilt (.Planner planner, UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (18:12:46) | at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.Refund (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (18:12:46) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'BuildingBlocker v2.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (18:12:46) | at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.Refund (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (18:12:46) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'BuildingBlocker v2.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

2. Ladders can be setted yet! Fix it please

3. What????

4. Vlad-00003 updated Building Blocker with a new update entry:

5. You sir, are a legend. Thanks!

6. Vlad-00003 updated Building Blocker with a new update entry:

7. Vlad-00003 updated Building Blocker with a new update entry:

8. Vlad-00003 updated Building Blocker with a new update entry:

9. You're pumping out these updates pretty fast lol

10. I just forgot to cleanup code in the prev update =3

11. I don't mind if you use ideas from my plugin as your own, but to straight up copy my code out of spite is childish. Had you looked at my HandyMan plugin then you would've seen I used the same code from that plugin in my BuildRevert plugin. You also had a 3f radius and recently changed it to 1.8f likely for the same exact reason that I did. Because I sat down and modified it until I found the exact radius where the priv meets the block. Not only this, I've had that plugin since the day the patch came out and shared it on Slack after modifying an initial version posted by Norn. Sigh.

12. If you would download prev versions - you would see that I've put 1,8 long before you did =)
    I made the first version of this plugin at the same time. I've put it on oxide after about an hour after update.
    Yeah - I won't lie. I never worked with Vis before, so I actuall not sure how they work, or wich one is better.
    The only thing I really took from you plugin is this 3 lines:

Code:
    var pos = player.ServerPosition;
    pos.y += player.GetHeight();
    var buildPos = pos + (player.eyes.BodyForward() * 4f);
    [DOUBLEPOST=1494621284][/DOUBLEPOST]And I never said that they are mine. Read the updates section =3

13. That's not the point. It doesn't matter when 1.8 was put, but how. And that was your point when you accused me of taking it from you. Mine has been on Slack since it was requested, and the only reason it was submitted to Oxidemod was because someone asked if it would be. I did what you couldn't do in my first try, and was just about to post how in this thread to help you before you jumped in mine. You accused me of theft, stole my code, and used it as your own before I even gave you permission to do so. You only gave me credit to save face here.

Either way, your code needs to be improved. For one, you shouldn't be using ServerPosition, secondly, if (entities.Count > 0) serves a purpose. So I suggest you look at my code closely to see why I did so.

14. Good work, but can you add a setting "ladder: true/false" "twigs: true/false" in a config files for autorize just ladder or twigs please???

15. I don't get what you want. This plugins purpose is to disable building twigs in the privilage zone. What's the point in the disabling twigs block? Just don't use this plugin =)
    Ladders option is already included. Set "Allow building ladders in the privilage zone" to true if you want to allow raiders to use ladders.

16. Probably for the permission

17. Something seems broke. I just placed a cupboard down and now I can't build twig at all around it (I've authorized myself). Help?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to have fixed itself.

18. We should find a fix for this:
    Lot of players complaining that there is a problem with tool cupboards that intersect. Even if you have access to one of them does not take into account whether it is the main one (the oldest one)...

So there are the following issues in game:
    -players can block the development of other bases simply by putting an external tool cupboard (Now no one has the privilege in the intersecting area .... Oldest placed tool cupboard should have access/priority for the intersecting area)
    -raiders can only get access to the privilege if they auth/destroy all horizontal and vertical tool cupboards even if the green message with "Building privilege" is on screen

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  19. Vlad-00003 updated Building Blocker with a new update entry:

20. Vlad-00003 updated Building Blocker with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1494873771][/DOUBLEPOST]
    About the first - What can I say? This was always here. Even before the devblog there was always a chance that someone would surround you with tool cupboards, so... Players have to deal with it some way.
    About the second - let's say I have a house, and it has a tool cupboard every 2-d floor. If the raiders will get access to the first level - they will be able to build on the first floor. To be able to build on the second and 3-d they have to get the hier cup. As I said before - this is how it always worked, as I remember it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1494873868][/DOUBLEPOST]I have no idea how to check with cup was placed first...