BetterSay

Moved

Total Downloads: 5,081 - First Release: Apr 30, 2015 - Last Update: May 13, 2018

5/5, 14 likes
  1. So i seem to have an issue with this plaugin, In rusty whenever i type a message for e.g "Hello people" Only the word "Hello" would be printed in the server.

2. Thats not the plugin. Thats the current version of rusty.
    You need to use quotes around your message: say "Hello People", and not just say Hello People
    otherwise you can use the online rusty which does that automaticly ;)
    http://tools.bbtracker.net/

3. Will there be access to a command "say" for the player to choose from, using oxide permissions "cansay" for example?

4. no, for now only people with authlevel 2 or the RCON Console use it.
    If you want a chat command you can use my plugin Broadcast though. If you mean using the console command, I may add permissions to this plugin.

5. Meaning the console command "say", to make it accessible to any player via oxide permissions, so it is impossible?

6. no its not impossible. I just didnt make it possible yet.

7. If you make such a function, would be nice. :)

8. If I change the color of the prefix, the : after also change the color

Also 1 space miss between the prefix and the : , I "avoid" it by setting a space into the prefixname, but maybe you can fix it in the code ;)

And, also I wanna say "Thanks" for the nice plugin!

"Now" in the right pluginthread :)

Edit: Mistake, it don't change the color, the : have allways "orange" as the color

9. Thanks for reporting again, i already have a fixed version locally which is just waiting to be uploaded...

10. Hey there,

I just wanna ask if somebody can write a little plugin which remove the " : " from any server notification and say's

Some plugins I use, got another doubledot color, which I can't change and miss a space between the prefix and the doubledot, so it would be awesome if someone could do a plugin for it ( or if it's possible, tell me how to hardcode it )

Here a screenshot (http://puu.sh/hUskY/eec8f41c85.jpg) ( I've used "bettersay" for test, but other plugins got it too )
    (I could fix the missing space, by adding a space after the prefix, but if the plugin can do it, I would really appreciate it :) )

Idea's for the plugin:
    1. "ColorForTheDoubleDot": "#ffffff"
    2. "RemoveTheDoubleDotFromAnyServerNotification": "false",
    3. "IfFalseWhichCharacterShouldBeUsed": ":"

I apologize for my bad translation, hope you understand and can do this!

11. Why u are not posting it in the Plugin's thread ?...

about ur question yes its Possible to make it and i think its pretty easy

12. Hm.. Maybe, but I think it would be easier if a plugin would handle it, cause many plugins need to do this ( for me, it's now 2 or 3 plugins )

Also it will be not so much work for other developer's, so they don't need to worry about it :)

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's best if you handle it with each plugin directly, else things can get messy and complicated fast.

14. Is it possible to get rid of the full colon between server prefix and the message? I tried removing a colon in the near last line of code but it didn't work.

15. 1. I may rewrite it in c# soon Then
    or if I just update this one, Im going to add better customizing possibillities

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  16. Great, thanks.

17. can this be patched so we don't need use quote marks manually? Rusty for example won't send warning messages properly this plugin only sends the first word as you can't customise the warning messages from Rusty to enclose them in " "

18. its known. This plugin was made at a lower knowledge state of myself. Im going to rewrite this plugin in C#, with that update stuff gonna be better.

19. Thanks! :D

20. Code:
    [8/23/2015 10:40:09 PM] [Oxide] 10:40 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnRunCommand' on plugin 'bettersay v1.0.4'
    File: bettersay.lua Line: 29 Object reference not set to an instance of an object:
      at ConsoleSystem.Broadcast (System.String strCommand, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Rust.BroadcastChat (System.String name, System.String message, System.String userid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [8/23/2015 10:40:09 PM] [Oxide] 10:40 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnRunCommand' on plugin 'bettersay v1.0.4'
    File: bettersay.lua Line: 29 Object reference not set to an instance of an object:
      at ConsoleSystem.Broadcast (System.String strCommand, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Rust.BroadcastChat (System.String name, System.String message, System.String userid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Can we please get a fix for this plugin