BetterLoot

A complete re-implementation of the drop system

Total Downloads: 42,529 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. Did you changed the stack sizes? (maybe 10,000 C4 in one stack)?
    10k * 0.2 (which is by default) = 2000.

p.s Just a thought:
    Would be nice to explicitly set the stack limits for certain items and so, we could have big stack sizes as we want and do not worry about insane amount in the drops.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  2. no i did not, like i said i was using default config!

3. That happens if you increase the stack sizes too much. As is pointed out in the description, the maximum dropped stack of a stackable item is STACKSIZE (just what you set through ItemConfig for example) * MAX_STACK_MODIFIER (default: 0.2). If you do not increase Explosives STACKSIZE, you are just fine with 100*0.2 = 20.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426191074][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This doesn't matter when you are not using the default stack sizes. The default config of BetterLoot just has maxStackModifier = 0.2, which is applied to the maximum stack size of your items, which is modified with another plugin (!). Simply do not set insane stack sizes for items like C4 or Explosives.

4. Not sure the stack modifier is working correctly. I currently have max stack to 0.1 and in ItemConfig I have ammo set to 500, Cloth/Bone Frags to 5000, Low Grade Fuel to 1000. I am typically seeing 50-100 rounds for ammo, 5k to 10k for Cloth & Bone Frags, and ~5k for Low Grade Fuel. I even have Explosives set to max stack at 100, but in a barrel it is putting in 9819 explosives. C4 is set to max stack of 20 and it put in 6. This is all according to Rusty's Console when the containers refresh. Something is not working right here.

Edit: Disregard. I am having some kind of issue with ItemConfig not updating stacks correctly. It was somehow using an old config (before I wiped) even though I uploaded and reloaded the ItemConfig plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  5. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

6. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

7. i have not changed anything in the config file of this plugin but just checked sopme rad towns and found liek 35m illion wooden arrows in one box and stuff liek that i think its not populating the loot boxes properly
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426347075][/DOUBLEPOST]just found 3.3million cooked chicken in another loot box in rad town lol

8. Please read the paragraph on proper usage with ItemConfig prominently printed in red on the plugin's overview page.

9. is there anyway to make it so it does not go by the itemconfig if u change the stack sizes but by default instead

10. There is no such option as the plugin does not ship a full-blown item configuration, which you'd have to configure in addition to the game's items. This would be just too much. Hence all it does is multiplying stack sizes with maxStackModifier.

For me this is a non-issue honestly as a stack size of 1.000.000 arrows or so simply doesn't make any sense at all.

11. Is there a way to suppress to console; such as a Start populating loot list and a Stop populating loot list? The spam hides startup info.

12. Sorry, invalid

13. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

14. dcode, did you seen my hint regarding "shortname" ?

15. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

16. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

17. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

18. ./blacklist can use all level of players?

19. /blacklist first of all restricts which items will drop in general. This affects barrels, crates and airdrops. When set to true (default: false), the config option enforceBlacklist additionally destroys any blacklisted items when moved between containers, which affects normal players only (not moderators or owners).

20. Im speaking about If man use ./blacklist - he will see which items blocked?