BetterLoot

A complete re-implementation of the drop system

Total Downloads: 42,529 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes

1. Code:
    [2/27/2015 1:41:26 AM] [Oxide] 1:41 AM [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.BetterLoot.OnItemAddedToContainer (.ItemContainer container, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2. Sorry for the inconveniences, please try again now :)

3. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

4. Installed that latest version and plugin is found server crashes when a crate is opened.

[2/26/2015 11:33:54 AM] [Oxide] 11:33 AM [Info] BetterLoot: Item list to select from is empty (trying another one)

Tried again.
    Code:
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There are 114 items and 71 blueprints in the game.
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: We are going to use 0 items and 0 blueprints of them.
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: With a 20.0% chance that any drop is a blueprint we get:
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 common items (0/0).
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 uncommon items (0/0).
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 rare items (0/0).
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 very rare items (0/0).
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 common blueprints (0/0).
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 uncommon blueprints (0/0).
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 rare blueprints (0/0).
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 very rare blueprints (0/0).
    [Oxide] 2:58 PM [Info] BetterLoot: There are 0 registered containers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  5. Have you already tried deleting config/BetterLoot.json ?

6. Yeah mate, deleted both config and plugin and re-installed plugin. Re started server.

7. Works great, except for hide clothes.
    Code:
    [Oxide] 9:31 PM [Info] BetterLoot: Populating crate_normal#-2897894 with urban_shirt (BP)
    [Oxide] 9:31 PM [Info] BetterLoot: Registered crate_normal#-2897894
    [Oxide] 9:31 PM [Info] Message2
    [Oxide] 9:31 PM [Info] BetterLoot: Failed to create item: HidePants.itemdef (trying another one)
    [Oxide] 9:31 PM [Info] BetterLoot: Populating crate_normal#-2897870 with spear_stone, hatchet, can_tuna, torch
    [Oxide] 9:31 PM [Info] BetterLoot: Registered crate_normal#-2897870
    Does similar for hide shirt so far.... possibly misnamed in the plugin?

8. This is a broken item apparently, can't be instantiated but it's there. Not a problem though.

9. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

10. breaks server getting this spam in server console and unable to join
    Code:
    [2/26/2015 11:33:54 AM] [Oxide] 11:33 AM [Info] BetterLoot: Item list to select from is empty (trying another one)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  11. got it working. fresh map. loaded up right away :) thanks

12. If you use the /blacklist it not only prevents it from spawninnig in the crates and barrels but you can't craft it at all on the entire server. Was this intentional or accidental feature?

Also I can't seem to be able to add just the BPs to the blacklist but have to specify the items.

13. That was intended. Should I change that?

14. If it's not too much trouble, make is an option.

What about the BPs? Can I just exclude some of the BPs from the drops?

15. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1425061347][/DOUBLEPOST]In case of doubt, delete config/BetterLoot.json :)

16. hey dude i shutdown my server delted old pluign and config file uploaded this new update and my logs getting flooded with this message 5:32 AM [Info] BetterLoot: Item list to select from is empty (trying another one) and server wont start

17. I still don't know how this can happen actually. The plugin is loaded OnServerInitialized, there shouldn't be any ways that the loot tables are empty :/

18. @dcode actually i've some users telling me that have errors with my Groups plugin that also works with data being generated on server initialization or player connection. I'm using your plugin without errors here... I think that some server admins here are using bad dedicated hosts... its too weird to see plugins working like a charm in some servers and throwing errors at others...
    Since I've 200% control of my host (since I own it :p) the only guess that I had is to be a host side issue.

19. well unfortunately we dont have much host choice in australia i seem to have got it to load now after a few goes

20. can someone post their config json? Don't want to load the plugin again and have it crash the server. Thanks in advance!