BetterLoot

A complete re-implementation of the drop system

Total Downloads: 42,581 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. if I add this plugin but do not mess with it, will it look like rust vanilla?

2. Nope, als not "nearly"^^

3. the plugin itself is very good, it's a shame it did not update according to the blueprint update.

but I understand, have alpha loot xD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
  4. So doing this will stop scrap from spawning under barrels/crates but maintain scrap spawning INSIDE the barrels/crates??
    [DOUBLEPOST=1507857156][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind, just purchased AlphaLoot. Hopefully it doesnt have this same issue.

5. BetterLoot the inbuilt game functions for scrap, and that says:
    when the storage is full, it will fall beside or under :p
    It's always spawned into the container :)

6. Can someone take a look at my loot table it fails on the json thing but i am not sure on what to fix being this stuff isnt my cup of tea

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2017
  7. Would someone please be able to explain how scrap works for this plugin? I'm not entirely sure how to set this up properly.

Currently, I've got "enableScrapSpawn": true in the generic object within BetterLoot.json, and have "scrap": 250 within my ItemListBarrels and ItemListCrates objects.

For some reason, I'm NEVER seeing scrap as a drop within the barrels or boxes, and only 1-5 gets drop on the floor beneath. Can I modify this amount? Can I change it to a normal drop? I tried toggling enableScrapSpawn to false, restarting the plugin and re-trying but it was no different.

I've also tried adding a rarity override of "Scrap": 1 within BetterLoot.json and this seemed to make no difference either.

It's not the end of the world, but for a 5x server the scrap doesn't seem to be scaling very well, i.e., there's no enough!

Thanks.

8. edit: Worked on my config more, barrels and such is broken even when the json is valid.... im at my last string for this, ive yet to figure out whats wrong with my configs after 2 days of testing,., i'm willing to pay someone to setup my betterloot to work flawlessly that works well with a 3x server, i just have no idea what else to do,,

9. try this, edited the LootTable that you attached so that it is a valid json file, if this is what you are confused about?

Attached Files:

10. Can anyone specify the difference between: crate_normal and crate_normal_2 ?
    or the difference between loot_barrel_2 and loot-barrel-2

11. hopefully this works, the scrap part is what giving me a pain in all honesty and setting it so u can get minimal of 15 scrap being this is a x3 server so trying to get rates equal to x3 of all most items

Reporting back in, seems like we only getting one scrap from what players telling me on my server is there any way to fix that???

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017
  12. Hey @Fujikura, Do you know anything about Blueprints in the current release? Have they been literally removed (as a spawn able item)?

If not, do you know where i can find a list of item(blueprint) ID's? I plan on using your system along with the BP 3.0 system to create a server similar to a build around a year ago when you could randomly find blueprints when farming barrels (in this case find them when farming components.)

Obviously when you research using scrap, you receive a physical blueprint, hopefully there is an ID attached that i can implement into a loot table!

Thanks! - Colata

13. We need BP ID's imidiately i hope you can do that

14. @ Fujikura, is it possible to add a multiplier just for scrap ?

15. for some reason crates and barrels no longer drop components since changing it to include all the old trash drops for blueprint making

16. Noob question if anyone could help. In the loottable.json, what does the number mean next to each item?

"riflebody": 5,

What is the 5? How rare it is? If I make it higher it will drop more?

17. it says how much it can drop between 1 and 5 higher number can drop more

for rarity u change it in config/betterloot.json

18. Appreciate it. I guess in config the lower number the more rare?

• None = 0
    • Common = 1
    • Uncommon = 2
    • Rare = 3
    • VeryRare = 4

19. Sorry for so many questions but I'm doing something wrong getting rarity to work. I set targeting.computer to 1 but it never drops just to test on one item. The camera never drops either. It says it loaded 18 items though in the console which is how many I have in loot table.
    },
    "Rarity": {
    "Override": {
    "autoturret": 2,
    "lmg.m249": 4,
    "targeting.computer": 1
    }
    },

In loot tables this is what I put under both barrels and crates.

"CCTV Camera": 1,
    "Targeting Computer": 1
    },