BetterLoot

A complete re-implementation of the drop system

Total Downloads: 42,586 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. I've got another question. Sorry if this's already been asked. But 148 pages and all. That and my searches turned up nothing. Maybe I'm just not using the right wording. Anyway. I noticed that the heli and the drop each have their own loot tables. Is it possible to set each barrel and crate to have their own set loot. Or is this what the dev was talking about in the FAQ. I was a little unclear about what they were saying.

Edit: Never mind. The answer was on this exact page. That's what I get for trying to do things when I should be asleep

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2017
  2. hello, yes its possible set "seperateLootTables": true to true

after that edit your LootTable.json how you would want it

as example
    Code:
    {
      "ItemListBarrels": {    "ammo.handmade.shell": 50,
        "ammo.pistol": 50,
        "ammo.pistol.fire": 50
         ...  },
      "ItemListCrates": {
        "autoturret": 4,
        "flameturret": 4,
        "pistol.python": 1,
        "rifle.ak": 1
         ...  }
    }

3. I got that much. I was trying to do something different. But I found the answer. I was on the same page I posted on... I need to pay more attention. But what I wanted to do can't be done.

4. I have finally, painstakingly, modified my loot tables and config files to mimic that of a terminus server, where every possibility can drop from a barrel. I see you can change the max amount of items that can drop at a time. Is there a way to weight certain items to drop more frequently? Such as building materials since farming is disabled. For example. In my LootTable.json I have "wood": 1000, which means up to 1000 wood can drop in a single stack from breaking a barrel (if it drops.) Can I increase the chance you get wood from a barrel? Or can I customize the barrels such that the brown ones with 35 HP have a higher chance at dropping particular items and the blue barrels with 50 HP have a higher chance at dropping particular items? How customize-able is this? How awesome would it be if you could identify barrels and boxes and know that you would have a higher chance at getting a certain item by breaking it. Again I am not referring to quantities, we have that functionality already, I'm talking about frequency, or chance/ percentages.

TLDR; can we increase the frequency or chance certain items drop from breaking barrels aside from simply increasing the quantity that drops (if it drops.)

5. I think your question was similar to what mine was. You can't pick what loot goes into what specific container. Only what goes into barrel or crate. You can pick which crates and barrels are included though. Though to be honest I'm confused as to which ones they are aside from airdrop and heli.

6. I see in the FAQ you can list certain crates to be affected by the loot table. For example in my betterloot config file I have
    "Crate": {
    "crateTypes": "crate_normal|crate_tools|crate_normal_2|crate_normal_2_food|crate_normal_2_medical|trash-pile-1",
    "enableCrates": true,
    "maxItemsPerCrate": 8,
    "minItemsPerCrate": 6,
    "randomAmountCrates": true,
    "refreshCrates": true

Such that all types of crates are affected. So I can't customize that, okay. Can I add a weight to particular items such that when I break a barrel, for instance, there is a greater chance I get wood over a component. Or is that part of the system completely random. I feel like it's all random and there's no weight system to it. When you break a barrel it randomly grabs a set amount of items from the loot table, chooses a random quantity you have set, and drops them.

7. I'm still figuring most of this out. But I do know that if you want something to always drop you set the rarity to 1. So if you want scrap to always drop set it to 1. I'm not sure what the highest setting is for rarity. But the high tier stuff that it already has is set to 4 by default, so I'm guessing that is the max. I'm assuming 2 is the default drop rate. It doesn't give you much wiggle room. But if you always want Wood set it to 1 and give it a rate higher than 1k. Some times they get a crappy drop. sometimes they score.

Edit. re read your post. my mind went in the wrong direction

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
  8. hi
    is it possible to change the loot crates from the Bradley APC Loot with this plugin

9. I have been modifying the date file json but when I try to add in say pistol ammo to crates only they never show up in crates.
    {
    "ItemListBarrels": {
    "black.raspberries": 10,
    "gears": 5,
    "metalblade": 5,
    "metalpipe": 5,
    "propanetank": 5,
    "riflebody": 5,
    "roadsigns": 5,
    "rope": 5,
    "semibody": 5,
    "sewingkit": 5,
    "sheetmetal": 5,
    "smgbody": 5,
    "metalspring": 5,
    "tarp": 5,
    "techparts": 5
    },
    "ItemListCrates": {
    "Pistol Bullet": 40,
    "largemedkit": 5,
    "metalblade": 5,
    "metalpipe": 5,
    "riflebody": 5,
    "roadsigns": 5,
    "semibody": 5,
    "smgbody": 5,
    "techparts": 5,
    "5.56 rifle ammo": 50,
    "assault rifle": 1
    }
    }

10. hi u need take the othername of a item
    in oxide/data/betterloot/nameslist.json u have all Name of items

for example Pistole bullet u need named ammo.pistol
    Assault rifle u need named rifle.ak
    5.56 rifle ammo u need named ammo.rifle

and the other items :)

11. Hi,
    I can not seem to show only an m249 in the supplydrop .. Yet in SupplyDrop.json I put
    "{
    "ItemList": {
    "lmg.m249": 1
    }
    }
    And in BetterLoot.json I put
    }
    "SupplyDrop": {
    "includeSupplyDrop": true,
    "maxItemsPerSupplyDrop": 6,
    "minItemsPerSupplyDrop": 3,
    "useCustomTableSupply": true
    }
    }

It's been two days I try but nothing

When I launch a grenade that appeals to the airdrop I get classic weapons clothing but never m249.

Can you help me I'm lost please =(

12. Thank you. I'm still learning how to do all this stuff and I appreciate the help.

13. I decided to add the wind turbine just for the hell of it. So people can have the nasty thing on top of their bases if they want. But I can't even spawn it in. It says it's blacklisted when it's not. I'm using the custom cs. Would that have anything to do with it?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1506627867][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I've been looking into FancyDrop|Oxide for just this reason. I'm not looking to control the drops or anything. But it says it works just fine with BetterLoot and controls the content of the loot crate.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  14. I was wondering how the rarity works exactly. I see a few default items set to "4". Does this make it the most rare? What is the range for rarity?

15. it would have to be like that:
    • None = 0
    • Common = 1
    • Uncommon = 2
    • Rare = 3
    • VeryRare = 4

16. I added the loot plugin and modified my tables, did my enables.
    When i check online (Rust) console tells me "Plugin not enabled," help!

17. anyway to change the loot from the tank with this plugin ?

18. try this example:

Code:
      "Crate": {
        "crateTypes":"crate_normal|crate_tools|crate_mine|minecart|bradley_crate",
        "enableCrates": true,
        "maxItemsPerCrate": 6,
        "minItemsPerCrate": 4,
        "randomAmountCrates": true,
        "refreshCrates": true
      },
    "crateTypes":"crate_normal|crate_tools|crate_mine|minecart|bradley_crate",

but the loot is from your LootTable.json file

19. thanks !!!

how to add the new blueprints that comes today with the new update in the betterloot ?

and another question
    are this all barels types ? :

"barrelTypes": "loot-barrel|loot_barrel|loot_trash",

or give it more types of barrels ?

20. @Wulf You have any idea if this plugin is going to be outdated and will be need a reimplantation after the new update with the BP 3.0?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017