BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,139 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. CHR

CHR

@Wulf cuz u also know something about that plugin. You may help me out.

On the permission section it says it's nil how do I activate it true did not work.

I did oxide.grant user CHR VIP and got the color yellow in but it does not show it.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which version of the plugin are you using? You'd don't need to grant a user any permission with the last one I posted, as it does group checking. If you want to add a user to the VIP group, use oxide.usergroup add CHR vip.

3. CHR

CHR

i did use the last he uploaded and i guess it is urs ... i try it with the oxide.usergroup then i will tell u if it worked.
    whats about the Nil? @Wulf

Code:
    {
      "AuthlevelColors": {
        "AuthLevel0": "#58ACFA",
        "AuthLevel1": "#ACFA58",
        "AuthLevel2": "#ACFA58"
      },
      "PermissionColors": {
        "moderator": "#ACFA58",
        "owner": "#ACFA58",
        "player": "#58ACFA",
        "vip": "yellow"
      },
      "PermissionsEnabled": "nil"
    }

4. Didnt update yet Wulf XD My fault ^^

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, that'll only work with the one in my previous post. The uploaded one still needs the permissions assigned to users.
    Ex. oxide.grant user CHR color_vip

6. LaserHydra updated Name Colors with a new update entry:

more improvements and stuff @Wulf

7. CHR

CHR

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i will smasch my Keyboard into the Monitor xD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

PS. All those config options set to nil were to automatically cleanup configs for users so no deleting would be needed, but you commented them out. ;)

Don't set self.Config.Colors to nil though. That was actually a typo from a batch replace. It should be self.Config.PermissionColors = nil.

9. CHR

CHR

U guys make me crazy with that codes oO

Wulf where do i find the permission tutorial about oxide? Ty for all informations as alaways, btw isnt today fixingday by rust? So much Errors in console. Or dont we see one today. Ty @both

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Here's a good example: http://oxidemod.org/plugins/chat-handler.707/update?update=4089.

For the errors, all I can say is read the logs and update plugins. No errors here.

11. CHR

CHR

Ty thats good and now i know how it works.

But the shit already started

Code:
    [Oxide] 10:38 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerConnected' on plugin 'Name Colors'
    File: namecolors.lua Line: 43 Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key:
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,Oxide.Core.Libraries.UserData].TryGetValue (System.String key, Oxide.Core.Libraries.UserData& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission.GetUserData (System.String userid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission.GetUserGroups (System.String userid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    91.157.80.170:53558/76561198046306038/SC SOJO joined [windows/76561198046306038]

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Typos happen. I must not have tested the previous code I posted in-game.

Attached Files:

13. CHR

CHR

I dont know i dont get it to work... is it the plugin is it me i really dont know...

Are you sure ist working cuz it s blowing my mind. This cant be that hard! Just simple commands.

1) Deleted old .lua and .json
    2) Changed file to this
    Code:
    {
      "Colors": {
        "Moderator": "#ACFA58",
        "Owner": "#ACFA58",
        "Player": "#58ACFA",
        "VIP": "yellow"
      }
    }
    3) Tried to create the GROUP VIP with this command oxide.group add VIP
    4) Group already exsits
    5) So i assaign Privilegs to the Group with oxide.grant group VIP VIP
    6) added myself into the Group with oxide.usergroup add CHR VIP
    7) worked but not colord as VIP

Im so sorry for this... but i dont see my fault :/

14. Its because the plugin checks for group "vip", you used "VIP".

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I guess I gave a bad example... heh. "vip" would be right.

16. CHR

CHR

Did not work anyways... im done with it. Still ty...

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There seem to be a few issues with the new method, so I'd try an older version for now or wait till it's all worked out. :)

18. ^^ ?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Back to the old tested method. The previous one I posted wasn't actually tested in-game. It was in hopes to avoid OnPlayerChat usage.

P.S. Always test before releasing, no matter who gives you a "fix" for your plugin. ;)

Attached Files:

20. also why did you change from Permission checking to group checking? So youre not checking Permissions anymore, but groups.