Rust Zones for factions

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Shotgun Teddy, Aug 31, 2016.

1. I'd love to see this implemented somehow. I'd love to make Faction-based Cities/Towns and have zone permissions setup so only members of certain Factions could enter the town; a fun method involved in joining a faction would be great too, like talking to an NPC or purchasing a "faction pass" from a Vendor from Server Rewards, or having to meet an XP requirement to join a faction.

Basically create create a Zone, assign that Zone to a group or faction and only give that group or faction permission to enter the Zone, or to build, deploy, loot, gather, etc. in that zone.

Maybe make an option to allow non-faction-affiliated players to enter and what not, but not other factions/groups etc.

Could do a lot of cool stuff with this!

This could work with K1llYous Clans too! Anything that basically allows a player to join a group of other players, and then give that group ZoneManager permissions.

On a sidenote* it'd be great to see ZoneManager allow you to set individual permissions per zone created.
    I.e. Zone ID 123 has X and Y permissions
    Zone ID 321 has W and Z permissions etc.

2. This could be pretty fun.

3. Look under Plugins and look for Factions ;) I think that could be it

4. Indeed it does exist! I was saying it would be cool to see the Factions and/or the Clan mod work in tandem with the Zones Manager mod.

5. isnt there a personal zone mode that could be used to achieve that affect?

6. Under Factions by Absolut or Clans by K1llYou I saw nothing of the Sort. Haven't seen any mod allow you to set group permissions to a specific zone. E.g.
    group A has permission to enter Zone X and has permission to build and deploy in Zone X. Group B does not have permission to enter Zone X. Group C has permission to enter Zone X but does not have permission to build or deploy, etc.

7. PrivateZones for Rust | Oxide , Possibly a starter until something more proper is developed

8. Just saw that after you mentioned it. Yeah thats very close to what I was looking for. It is indeed a place to start, thank you Alphawar.

Other ideas while this thread is still alive is Level Zones. That is, levels X-Y have permission to enter this zone other levels do not. I think there may be a mod like that already though? But getting zone permissions to work with factions and clans and setting granular zone manager permissions to a group within a zone would be amazing.

9. Hello Shotgun Teddy,

Have you found a way to put your idea into practice? We have the same problem with the faction plugin and the Zone Manager. It is not possible to create faction permissions, so flags apply to all players. Please let me know if you've found a solution.