Solved Wiping a Rust server?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Mr.Wulf, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Hey! I am having trouble with how to wipe a rust server... Ive looked and looked and it kind of sounds like I have different stuff than others... Here's what my folder looks like: View attachment 17527

If I click into the Rust folder, it looks like this:
    View attachment 17528

My question is, where do I go for map wipes and where do I go for blue print and map wipes?

Thanks!

2. To wipe a map, go inside your saves folder and delete that file. It should be named such as Procedural Map_<size>_<seed>. Storage.db is where signs are stored and UserPersistence.db is where blueprints are stored. When you delete your map, make sure to edit your .bat where you startup the server to the seed that you want, or just keep it the same.

3. Also make sure to remove any data files that will become obsolete, ZoneManager and teleportation data are a couple of examples of what will need to be removed. If you don't remove tp data players will be able to tp to the position of their old homes etc. There will be more depending on what plugins you are running

4. It's a vanilla server... I'm completely new with this stuff, but vanilla seems to be cool.

So... The file I delete is located in:
    rustds > my_server > save
    or...
    rustds > my_server_identity > save

They both have procedural maps...

Which one do I go to?? I am new to this and lots of things Ive gone over so far are confusing me...Because I downloaded the server from the Rust blog...I never did it the way the tutorials did with the SteamCMD...Yet the server still works... I dont see or know the difference...

5. No save folder?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This thread is over a year old, the layout for the folders has changed over time.

7. I assume then it's just the .sav files and the .map files that need deletion for a wipe then?

8. And some files in data folder but depends on what plugins you have